Replying problem

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gokkunfan

Jan 14, 2010
- When I use the Quick Reply function, I constantly get a popup asking me (a) stay on page or (b) leave page
- If I choose Leave Page, I get taken to the Advanced Reply function, and an error appears saying: "The following errors occurred with your submission. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in __ seconds."
If I reload the thread, my post is already there.

The forum is trying to double post, without my consent, without me actually clicking anything twice. Also, if my post has gone through, why am I receiving errors?

I'm using Firefox 27.0.1, Windows 7 with latest updates (as of 2/23/14); broadband internet.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I experienced that problem also many times. It seems to happen if the forum is under heavy load - which happens every day from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm (GMT) since the board was "rebooted" last year. Seems that the strongest point of AO - its popularity - is also its biggest problem at the moment.

Reactions: 1 person

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
- When I use the Quick Reply function, I constantly get a popup asking me (a) stay on page or (b) leave page
- If I choose Leave Page, I get taken to the Advanced Reply function, and an error appears saying: "The following errors occurred with your submission. This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in __ seconds."
If I reload the thread, my post is already there.

The forum is trying to double post, without my consent, without me actually clicking anything twice. Also, if my post has gone through, why am I receiving errors?

I'm using Firefox 27.0.1, Windows 7 with latest updates (as of 2/23/14); broadband internet.

It happens very often to me too. In order to cancel the double post with Quick Reply, I found this technique:

If you get the popup message, click 'cancel'.
Copy the text of your quick reply (just in case).
Delete the text or press 'cancel'.
Reload the page, your message should be posted already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person