Remove "auto home" script

Avvilimento

Jul 8, 2013
I'm not sure why it was added, but every since the site overhaul there's been some kind of script enabled which will periodically cause the page to return to the front page. This is most common when switching window (such as having opened a thread in a separate tab) and then switching back. It serves no purpose that I can determine other than to be a nuisance - especially given it doesn't happen every time, meaning you're unlikely to cancel it without thinking.

If I could accurately determine what function was causing it I'd block it myself. And, yes, I realise it's a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things. But it's an inconvenience which was deliberately added, and there's no reason to accept those as it only serves to encourage more significant poor practices in future.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I don't think that's a site thing since I've never had that happen to me and I always have at least one akiba tab open but I'm also not familiar with the deep workings of the site.

Might be a browser cache thing or something like that so trying with a different one/ disabling addons might fix that issue.

Edit: Unless you mean after login in, which does redirect you to home but doesn't sound like it from what you said, unless you were getting logged off in another tab and the tab you comes back to redirects you to home too.

Last edited: