Rei Kuromiya 黒宮れい

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Well, you took the time to type out a long reply so its only polite that I reply to you.

Y'know, its not my intention to antagonize. Its like I said, I'm just hoping that things work out better for her, and I don't quite see it unless they do better than this.

I can't comment on whether or not they're good musicians as I have not heard them performing live. Is there a live clip on YouTube? Searching for Bratz gets you...something else. But at this early stage, they are likely just competent. It'll take a hell of a lot more serious practice to actually be good. You know the band Zone? They weren't good initially but they improved quite a bit as they went along.

Its interesting that you brought up Urbangarde, because that's precisely my point. They're a niche band and having heard a little more of the music, I can see why they haven't really made it largely into the mainstream. However, some bands value their identity and artistic integrity more than wider success. I can respect what they do, but only fans of their genre will be interested in their music.

If that's the sort of thing that Bratz is aiming for, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it. There's every chance that if they do make it a little too big, than people might focus on Rei's past again which might be unpleasant, so its better to stay niche.

Thanks for responding fwildly. I didn't find your post antagonizing. It was interesting to
read your opinions and how you feel about Brats. I appreciate hearing views of others. I'm sorry
if my post made you feel like I'm critiquing you. You got some valid points as well and I respect
your views. You seem to care about music and also write seriously about Rei as a artist.

Good you know Urbangarde. I think they do well and they seem to manage to live off their music.

I agree with you they have to do better. Brats got already the image and the personalities that makes a artist.
But they should write their own songs and then they would be respected more as group.
I forgot to mention I think they need to focus on the band more. They aren't enough active.
Also Rei does so many other things as well. Yes true they need to improve still as well.
They would need to get a permanent drummer. The guy who plays with them now
isn't listed as a band member.

I don't think the aim to be a niche band. I think they want to be well known.
As so many other all female rock bands from Japan have made a impact in recent years.

I agree with you it's a risk that Rei past will again be brought up if Brats make it bigger. It's sad as she gets criticized for it
as she is actually the victim and isn't the one that should be questioned and attacked.

I think you got the band name wrong. It's Brats and not Bratz. Bratz is a doll brand.

Sadly there isnt many live performances available. I can only find one from 2015.
It can't be compared to what they can do now. It's a bit rough. But it gives a good image of the band
being good performers when it comes to personality, image and Rei is so totally into it :)

Last edited:

Windreader

Akiba Citizen
Apr 3, 2007
Dont bother trying to break up the fanboy hivemind. Some people here are delusional enough to think that Rei's on the path to real musical stardom.

There will be some people who will like Brats, and there will be some people who won't. That's how it works. Insulting those who do, for whatever reason, doesn't make your opinion any more valid.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY with THE Natsu No Mamono Live

I think The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY should get Ruby from THE Natsu No Mamono
as third member. She screams pretty good and considering that is her first time singing like that :D
As for now the added death metal vocals in The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY have been a bit
pointless as there is no one even singing them live.

Last edited:

example100000

Old Timer
Sep 26, 2009
The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY with THE Natsu No Mamono Live

Full show here. Nippon Manju + one more song. Mayhem starts at about 38:20

I think The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY should get Ruby from THE Natsu No Mamono
as third member. She screams pretty good and considering that is her first time singing like that :D
As for now the added death metal vocals in The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY have been a bit
pointless as there is no one even singing them live.

lol u could tell it was getting so noisy that they were singing out of tune...but DAYUM that ruby girl is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...could totally replace ladybeard

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
lol u could tell it was getting so noisy that they were singing out of tune...but DAYUM that ruby girl is crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...could totally replace ladybeard

Yes the performance is a bit chaotic and they sing out of tune :D

I guess it wasn't so well rehearsed. Rei and Rie are much more used to a more precise performance.
One can notice it especially with Rie as she sometimes looks a bit confused.

Ruby kinda took over the show herself as well :D

I like how Rei and Rie have their hair done. Especially Rie looks really cute :)

Reactions: ReiOtaku

rainelau

Sep 5, 2013
she has stopped her model life? as seems no new series is released.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
New song and music video by The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY

PELO (v.) \ˈpā-ˈlät\
An onomatopoeia in the Japanese language representing the sound of licking or slurping.

I like the parts when Rei and Rie sing. Some of them are really good.
But that guy singing is just annoying. Ruins the otherwise good song.
I wish the producers could have faith in just let it be Rei and Rie.

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
tumblr_ol5srtEzXg1r9bgu2o2_r1_500.png

I like her description is breast got bigger

You can see her underwear in this photo... how lewd.

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Tokyo Girls interview with Rei and Rie. We get to know a lot about
the relationship between those two and how they complete each other.
Rie seems to really have a big heart and takes care of Rei alot.
They are so adorable :)

https://tokyogirlsupdate.com/featured/ladybaby-interview-pelo.html

"Kuromiya: Well, about Rie. She was like an older sister for me, but she is more like
mother these days (laugh). Before this interview, she just cleaned my ears and massaged
my feet. When we take a bath together, she always scrubs my back and washes my hair,
you know. It doesn’t make sense, right (laugh)? Also, she covers for me and supports me
in a lot at work."

King_Of_Rhye

Jun 24, 2014
So, somehow, I just now ended up watching a few YouTube videos about maid cafes. I noticed there was one about Japan's first "plus-size" maid cafe. I thought, well, that's a little different, I'll watch this for a minute....the really interesting thing about it was, I swear, the maid about 0:45 into it is singing along to "14-year-old Disease" by Brats!

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
20170412 PELO release event live photos:

001rei.jpg 002rei.jpg 003rei.jpg 004rei.jpg 005rei.jpg 006rei.jpg

20170413 Tower records:

001reit.jpg 002reit.jpg 003reit.jpg 004reit.jpg 005reit.jpg 006reit.jpg 007reit.jpg 008reit.jpg

I was thinking there is something different about how Rei looks and appears in these events.
Doesn't Rei look more happier in these photos than usually? ..or is it something more also?

Cutest couple?

001reirie.jpg 002reirie.jpg 003reirie.jpg

Is this guy aiming to become a part of Ladybaby as the next Ladybeard?

001what.jpg 002what.jpg

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015
She always seemed happier in the stuff related to Ladybaby and Brats, my guess would be that what makes the difference is that she actually does these because she enjoys it, while the gravure stuff was mainly done because she was still under contract, so really didn't have a choice, the difference is definitely there.

They should have made her contract for life!

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
It's interesting to see that Rie and Rei seem to have so many
female fans. Usually on twitter when it comes idols its older guys
who post photos/cheki of them with idols.

In this photo there might be something unusual going on. Can you spot it?

fanrierei.jpg