Rei Kuromiya 黒宮れい

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
Where'd you find these, good friend? Jolly good post!
From resolution and filenames I'm afraid that on Tumblr, so we still have to wait for something worth saving...

masterroy13

Apr 9, 2015
It says 7 day view... are the files actually downloadable or locked behind some stupid DRM crap?

Definitely considering trying to get it (hoping they accept visa) as it's pretty cheap.

Daffy088

Jun 30, 2013
New music video with Brats:

The Idol Formerly Known As LADYBABY video for new single:

I kinda like Brats more as Rei gets to sing more with her own voice and can use the full range of
her vocals. She has much more powerful voice than Rie has.
I agree with your assessment. Rei has a very strong voice even if it's not a technically perfect one. But its more than good enough for what Brats is doing. I really like their sound. I'm an old punk and hard rock fan so I like what the Brats are doing. You don't need musical perfection to make good rock n' roll. I wish Rie and Rei much luck and success, but I am liking Brats better right now. Especially since they have the best, hottest and sexiest bass player in rock today! My lovely Aya!:cinta::onegai::pusing:
NOT REI:
Aya6.jpg Aya Brats.jpg SEXY AYA!!.jpg Aya 9.jpg Aya 14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ESTSOL

May 5, 2009
Hello
I was out of the internet a long time
Recently a RT that made Rei on a commentary of his choreographer, apparently it is about his last music video recently released.
Everything seems to indicate that they are a couple.
At least that understands my little mind and my non-existent mastery of the language.
Of February 18

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014
Hello
Recently a RT that made Rei on a commentary of his choreographer, apparently it is about his last music video recently released.
At least that understands my little mind and my non-existent mastery of the language.
Of February 18

Do you have source for this?

If I understood you right. You mean they say Rei might be in a relationship
with her dance choreographer? And the source for this claim is based on this
choreographers latest music video? I think they got it all wrong.

Ladybaby choreographer is Nicho. He is gay and his idol group
is also a all gay idol group. Just look at his twitter:

https://twitter.com/nichohalo

This is his latest music video in which Rei also appears. Released on February 18.

Rei talks with Nicho at 3:00 in the video. I haven't had time to try
translate it. But I think its about being gay idol.

Last edited:
Reactions: example100000

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
Hello
Of February 18
No this is not about Rei/Rie, he's explaining it to her not talking about her.

I don't understand Japanese, but I think at the end of the conversation Rei says something like "I don't care if Nicho is gay or not, I love you"

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
New music video with Brats:

Hmm. Honest assessment? Quite a few flaws with her singing that even sound editing couldn't cover up. But the biggest criticism is that the song is meh...as in quite bland and forgettable. It lacks a hook and just doesn't stick in one's head. They need a better songwriter. If they're writing their own music, they either need to step it up or outsource.

You really have to be a Rei fan to like the song or listen to it more than once.

Immergeil

Very Old Member
Aug 10, 2014
^ your opinion isn't fact.

This song was written for an anime, I'm pretty sure the person that wrote it knows what he's doing.

Windreader

Akiba Citizen
Apr 3, 2007
Hmm. Honest assessment? Quite a few flaws with her singing that even sound editing couldn't cover up. But the biggest criticism is that the song is meh...as in quite bland and forgettable. It lacks a hook and just doesn't stick in one's head. They need a better songwriter. If they're writing their own music, they either need to step it up or outsource.

You really have to be a Rei fan to like the song or listen to it more than once.

Ear of the beholder, my friend. The song isn't really that bad. Probably not a smash international hit, but I've heard much worse, and from groups who are supposed to know what they're doing. I liked the song much better than the one above it. Rei and Rie are always going to capitalize on their glamor factor, so we can cut them a little slack in the music department.

Last edited:

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
^ Just saying it as it is.

Its sounds like any other generic anime track. Its not terrible but it doesn't stand out in any way either. I don't think she's going to repeat the same success as LadyBaby with that kind of song.

Not to say LadyBaby songs were that great but they had a novelty to them. Bratz is up against the other all-girl rock bands and they come up rather short.

But this is only 1 song I suppose...but like I said, they need better than this or they're just going to have niche fans. I was just hoping that they can do better...y'know, have a bit more success. Ah well...

ihmissusi

Jan 10, 2014

I'm not bothered if there is flaws with her singing as I more go with
the feeling. I grew up with punk, hardcore and metal so the song and her
singing works well with me. I like the song as well and it's memorable to me.
It's also a lot about personality. And Rei has a lots of it and it matters more than
if she can sing perfectly. Without personality there is no artist.
Just like Daffy088 wrote above you don't need musical perfection to make good rock.
Personally I would even prefer if Brats was even less produced and raw.

I do wish they could write their own songs. That they could get that support from
their agency/label. But reality is that many pop and rock bands in Japan have
song writers just as idol groups do. Kinda sad.
The girls are good musicians and I know Rei could write good lyrics considering
some of the things she written on her social media. I think they could do better
if they where encouraged to write their own material.

I haven't been able to find info who wrote this new Brats song. I only know in the past
they didn't write their own songs. Their song "14 Year Old Disease" was written by
Matsunaga Temma and her band Urbangarde arranged it for Brats. Temma was inspired by Rei
and wrote the song for her. Well it had at least more success than the two latest songs by Brats.

Well I'm more a Brats fan than Rei only fan. I'm in it for the music.
When it comes to Rei I'm into her voice and personality. Yes she is
beautiful. But my heart belongs to someone else.

Also I don't think Brats goal is to repeat the same success that Ladybaby
had. I think Brats is more serious than this and there is a big difference
between both groups. The Idol Formerly Known as Ladybaby are more
a idol group while Brats are a rock band. Also Ladybaby was actually started
as marketing gimmick for a clothing brand. And it's goal was to kinda shock
having Ladybeard in it. That is also a difference.

When it comes to Rei and Rie I think the producers should instead retired the
Ladybaby concept and instead formed a new group with focus on the girls talents and personalities.
The Ladybaby concept kinda was lost when Ladybeard no longer was a part of the group.
They got two really talented girls and they kinda waste it on trying to keep the old
concept alive.
I don't mean that these new songs by The Idol Formerly Known as Ladybaby are bad.
I kinda like them still. But there is clearly something missing there and I do
think the girls would do better if their had their own group/project instead.

I don't think Brats need to compete with other rock bands as they kinda
have their own thing. Like no one else can be Rei, Aya and Hinako. The girls
are unique. I do think they will succeed ahead.

Last edited:

zakurabu

The Idolmaster
Aug 25, 2015

Dont bother trying to break up the fanboy hivemind. Some people here are delusional enough to think that Rei's on the path to real musical stardom.

fwildly

Jun 22, 2008
I haven't been able to find info who wrote this new Brats song. I only know in the past
they didn't write their own songs. Their song "14 Year Old Disease" was written by
Matsunaga Temma and her band Urbangarde arranged it for Brats. Temma was inspired by Rei
and wrote the song for her. Well it had at least more success than the two latest songs by Brats.
Well, you took the time to type out a long reply so its only polite that I reply to you.

Y'know, its not my intention to antagonize. Its like I said, I'm just hoping that things work out better for her, and I don't quite see it unless they do better than this.

I can't comment on whether or not they're good musicians as I have not heard them performing live. Is there a live clip on YouTube? Searching for Bratz gets you...something else. But at this early stage, they are likely just competent. It'll take a hell of a lot more serious practice to actually be good. You know the band Zone? They weren't good initially but they improved quite a bit as they went along.

Its interesting that you brought up Urbangarde, because that's precisely my point. They're a niche band and having heard a little more of the music, I can see why they haven't really made it largely into the mainstream. However, some bands value their identity and artistic integrity more than wider success. I can respect what they do, but only fans of their genre will be interested in their music.

If that's the sort of thing that Bratz is aiming for, I suppose there's nothing wrong with it. There's every chance that if they do make it a little too big, than people might focus on Rei's past again which might be unpleasant, so its better to stay niche.

Reactions: ihmissusi