Recommend me great anime

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

mistikuss

Nov 10, 2011
smail1.gif

letitout

Jun 7, 2010
hah this reply might be too late but anyways i personally Code Geass if u liked gundam seed destiny and blood+ =D

tsw520

Oct 22, 2009
I like OP too. :)

Here's recommendation of some anime which I think quite worth to watch:
Fairy Tail
Beelzebub
:gayprance:

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
If you liked Destiny, I'd highly recommend going back to some of the other Gundams. Destiny is usually considered the middle ground of quality of the series (at least for many fans who weren't into it for fan-shipping, and watched it seriously). If you don't mind old animation, the original, Zeta Gundam, Char's Counter Attack, and 08th M.S. Team are all great. I heard Gundam Unicorn was pretty good too, but I still haven't gotten around to watching that one yet.

Britannica

Nov 4, 2009
don't forget CODE GEASS, the best anime series i've ever watched
i currently watch Steins Gate (the first 10 episodes are boring but after that it's just getting better n better:tea:)
in my country, people starting to interest in Guilty Crown (still airing if i'm not mistaken)
if you still haven't watch K-On! you completely lost link from this world
Saint Seiya Lost Canvas<< i don't know how to comment this anime, just watch it

Sofer

Nov 18, 2009
Drop moe blob K-ON! [K-ON hater <.<]

Go for old:
-Blue Gender
-Outlaw Star
new:
-Usagi Drop
-Un-Go
-Fractale
-Kuragehime

I could suggest you some good animes from the last 3 Years too, but would need to search for the names again^^.

But for Movies i would suggest:
-Trigun Badland Rumble (watch the first 10~12 episodes of Trigun before[it's old, but good stuff. Getting heavy storyplot after ep 12])
-Onigamiden

If you want Manga:
-Magi
-Drifters
-Freezing

Could be something~

Reactions: 2 people

pandaemic

Dec 29, 2011
If you like Full Metal Alchemist, I highly suggest you watch FMA: Brotherhood. It's basically the actual ending. It follows the Manga exactly and the story is A LOT better. Also if you liked Full Metal I suggest watching the movie (Conquerers of Shambala).

If you like Blood+ I think I can safely assume you like gore anime with a good story? Something similar to this I'd say is Ga Rei -ZERO-. It has girls with swords fighting demons and such and has a great story. If you like it I highly recommend reading the manga because this series is a Prequel.

For Macross Frontier and Gundam Seed (I absolutely hate seed and destiny but thats just me) I think you'd like action packed shows with a side of romance and vice versa. Someting similar to these I'd second Code Geass. It has an amazing story and has some romance but it kinda gets overshadowed by whats happening story wise.

Gintama all I can say is Beezlebub. It has some fighting and its absolutely hilarious.

Some other showes I'd recommend
  • Steins;Gate (best series I've seen in awhile)
  • IDOLM@STER (It gets really good near the end)
  • Outlaw Star (Classic)
  • Cowboy Bebop (Classic)
  • Evangelion (Classic)
  • Samurai Champloo (If you like swords and hip-hop)
  • Eureka Seven (One of my all time fav's and falls in the category as Seed and Macross)
  • Fate/Stay Night (Another all time fav)
  • Fate/Zero (Prequel to FSN, Season 2 airs spring)
  • Clannad (both seasons,DRAMA HEAVY)
  • The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
  • Lucky Star
Thats about all I can think of at the moment.

Some Movies:
  • Anything by Shinkai Makoto, both anime and move (DRAMA HEAVY)
  • Girl Who Leapt Through Time
  • Summer Wars (If you liked the Digimon Movie you'll like this)
  • All the Break Blade movies
  • All the Miozaki movies (VERY GOOD)
  • Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works (Alternative take on the original FSN)
  • Kara No Kyoukai (all 7 movies)
  • Evangelion (All of them, Watch the shows then the movies and then the reboot movies)
  • Tengan Toppa Gurren Langan (If you don't want to watch the series, its the same thing)
  • The Disappearence of Haruhi Suzumiya

I only posted shows I know is funished except for Fate/Zero since the second season comes out in spring. I recommend you watch anything I posted and I could recommend more if you tell me a specific genre. I just posted things I like with similar genre as the anime you've posted.

EroHumanWedy

Nov 10, 2011
I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. I can prove it. Write to me in PM, we will communicate.

evil_knight001

EvilKnight
Dec 18, 2010
If you like mecha's, I think you will love macross zero and full metal panic(it's different from full metal alchemist)

Alpeia

Lycher
May 7, 2010
For 2012 ones not listed but worth checking out

Finished:
Another (Horror)
Chihayafuru (Spice of life)

Still Airing:
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (Comedy/Spice of life)
Space Brothers (Spice of life)
Nazo no Kanojo X (A little odd, so not sure how to class it yet. Ecchi?)
Jormungand (Action)
Hyouka (Sort of like The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya without the Si-fi & additude.)

And some from 2011:
Mawaru Penguindrum (Stylized drama)
Mirai Nikki (Action/thriller)
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka (Comedy, season 2 is currently airing)
Guilty Crown (Action)
Bakuman (season 1 & 2, Spice of life. It will enlighten you on how the Manga & Anime world works)

And two of my top picks of all time worth checking out:
The Twelve Kingdoms (Fantasy/Drama/Action)
Katanagatari (Fantasy/Drama/Action)

Reactions: 1 person

ghost13

Jan 30, 2008
Not sure what genres you like, but I reccommend the following:

Gakuen Mokushiroku: High School of the Dead
Last Exile: Gin`yoku no Fam
Eureka Seven Ao
Jormungand
Sakamichi no Apollon
Uchuu Kyoudai
RD Sennou Chousashitsu

King of Thorn
Karas
Mnemosyne: Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi

Enjoy and Peaceout

Bedlam66

Mar 1, 2007
The new Zetman Anime airing in Japan is pretty damn good. They changed it alot from the manga but it's still a good Anime. It's a Horror/Superhero story

azralius

Aug 27, 2008
Don't mind me if there's some repeats, just my personal preference of animes that I think are nice

Steins Gate
Fate/zero
Code Geass
Gurren Lagann
Ano Hana
Clannad
Mirai Nikki (future dairy)

Will update if I think of anymore

VQ37VHR

Sep 20, 2009
you like comedy anime? old skool but ranma is funny. another funny series that's modern is ore no imouto and i also saw boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai which was pretty funny too. sena is really hot so either way it's a treat =D

adameve99

Anime Researcher
Mar 17, 2013
Code Geass 1 and 2
Full Metal Panic
Last Exile
Inuyasha A Feudal Fairy Tale
Fairy Tail
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit
Eureka 7
Ano Natsu de Matteru
Hyouka

there ...a good blend of old and new, and many genres. Have fun.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Where did the anime lovers go? If I watched it I posted it in the anime torrent section, I like the majority of them. Some of my favorites so far, (I will add to this list):

Sword Art Online
Gun X Sword
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Girls und Panzer
Angel Beats!
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood (Brotherhood is the better of the two)
Bleach
Naruto Shippuden (Naruto is excellent too!)
Spice and Wolf
High School of the Dead
Deadman Wonderland
Soul Eater (Watch it! or I'll eat Your Soul!)

Anime comes in such a great variety it really depends on what you enjoy watching more. I like it all so far except comedies, they just tend to be too silly for me. Most anime has enough laughs in it without trying very hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MirrormanSLF