Real-Life Maid Hunting (メイド狩り)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
My computer was on all day yesterday. I was letting it take a break and browsing the internet via mobile phone. I went to Youtube and typed in short simple words for my amusement. 猫 came first, and after watching over ten different cute videos of cats, I decided to type in a new word.

メ, イ, ド ... there. I hit enter. And I saw this story at the very top of the page.

Click here to read more.
[hide]Anybody who is familiar with the H-anime Bakunyuu Maid Kari should check this story out. For those of you who haven't, BMK was a 2009 ero-anime in which part-timers at a maid café were kidnapped or lured away from work, were brought to an abandoned office somewhere else in the city, and were forced into becoming sex slaves.

Well, it looks like the story is based on real incidences of sexual harassment of maids in Akiba by armed stalkers. The newspiece has this to say:

• the man (or men?) approaches a young woman (~18 years old) who is dressed up as a maid and will ask her, "Where is the store?"
  • once they reach an area where prying eyes can't see (like the stairwell shown in the video), the assailant pulls a knife on the girl
  • the assailant(s) have stuck their hands down the girls' blouses, up the girls' skirts, have even gone so far as to fondle the girl's "downstairs" parts, and have then fled from the scene.
[/hide]

The best part of the video, though, is when the reporter interviews some otaku in Akiba. XD
[hide]Everyone's favorite seems to be the over-reacting dude at 0:51. When the reporter asks him what he thinks of these incidents, he expresses extreme shock and disgust, asking in a loud voice, "WHAAAAT!?" and then following it up with "I think it's unforgivable."

Then the second ota comes on, and says that he would ask the assailants "Hey, dipshits! What are you, stupid or something?" Yeah. Because I'm sure he would so say that if he witnessed this happening.

The third otaku says that these maids are Akiba's idols, so any attacks against them probably won't be forgiven by the community.

After this, the news report ends by saying what the assailant(s) looked like: thin, wore glasses, white-and-blue checkered shirt, black pants, 25 to 30 years old, and about 1.6 meters tall.[/hide]

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
viewing this and the h-anime not only the circumstances but even the real environment just like the stairway look rather familiar to me. I´ve seen something like this only once before in the anime comic party revolution, those otakus were not hunting maids though but tended to take snapshots in the cafe although it was forbidden.

There really seem to be real life scenes the basis for both stories (anime and h-anime as well)...

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Actually, a lot of manga is based off of real life events, and the artistry among the well-known titles is usually very well researched and uncannily precise.

Off the top of my head, you could also look to Sasebo Slashing (Nevada-tan) and Junko Furuta for some of the more extreme incidents that have made deep impressions among the artistic community.

Oddly enough (as an aside), this would seem to fly in the face of people who say manga, appearing first, can influence people to commit crimes.