re: Hotfile; Am I the only one?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
Am I the only one bemoaning that great content is being posted in the IV thread but hosted on hotfile? As a chronic leech, I am thankful that benevolent people post, and loath asking them to post to another host; it's not their problem that I don't subscribe to their host! But come on - Sakura Aida! on Hotfile!!?? :defeat: Shit! Now I have to pony up for another service! Oh for RS or MU!

teaser

Mar 27, 2007
I have notice that too, not only for this site but others also. I have both MU and RS and like you, not about to add another. The hate the fact that Hotfiles makes you you wait 15 mins in between and it's super slow compared to MU/RS freebies.

I guess we gonna have to deal with it or sign up, we are after all... LEECHERS.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Well, it's been helping me out. I've been downloading way to many videos, and my hard drives are getting full. So all the hotfile links have been helping out a lot when I see a video that I would normally download with hotfile links I just move on to the next topic. I've never gotten anything over single digit download speeds with it. Meanwhile using MU as a free user it somehow lets me download multiple files at speeds around 200 per file.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
It´s just a question how you are doing it...

If you have a remote IP (goes for every dl site like [MU], [RS], and so on...) just restart your internet connection giving you another IP, so you don´t need to wait...

If you have a fixed IP, sorry, you have to bear with it...

All those download services check the IP of free users without account to set a certain time delay until you can dl the next file. If your IP has changed in the meantime there´s nothing to be checked and there´s no delay anymore...

...except those normal 30 secs or so...

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I use a a program called FreeRapid-0.82 that works well with hotfile links and a program called RapidShare Plus for rapidshare links. You paste your links in the program and let the program download the files for you. They do not eliminate the 14-15 minute timer but you do not have to stay glued to the computer checking to see if a program is finished or if the wait timer is up.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
If the number of people clicking the "Thanks" button on those Hotfile uploads is any indication of how many people are DLing, then alot less people are downloading. Too bad. I understand that Rapidshare can be free if a lot of people download your uploads.