Rainy Season - The coolest umbrella

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
No clue. I'm guessing though that it would cost more to purchase and import than it would to be a high-quality umbrella from a rainy region of the world (like the American northwest or the British Isles, stereotypically) and to customize it yourself by perma-gluing on a "sword hilt" to the bottom of the umbrella and buying some fabric at a local fabric store to make your own custom "sword sheath." But what you save in money, no doubt, you lose in time and perhaps in craftsmanship as well. So I wouldn't hold it against you if you still wanted to get this umbrella despite its expensiveness ...

... I'd just think you're nuts for wanting to spend over £50 on an umbrella. :)

Good luck finding one though. Have you tried searching for 剣 (tsurugi, sword) and 傘 (kasa, umbrella) together? I just googled it and the first hit was this. Doesn't mean it's a valid end-result for your search, but it certainly suggests that it doesn't hurt to search for 剣傘. ^^;

Searching for 刀傘 ("katanak/gasa", no idea if they'd voice the K or leave it unvoiced), I did find an English site that is famous for selling geeky toys and t-shirts: http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/japanfan/b625/ It may not be exactly what you were looking for, but it gives you hope. You can write them a polite, brief e-mail and ask them to get you in touch with their provider so that you can ask the provider about finding other models.