Radiation likened to angry Japanese wife

ardo

Mar 2, 2010
The Japanese Atomic Energy Agency devoted a page on its website to an effort to "make the hard words used in the nuclear power industry" more easy to understand, particularly for women.

6-6-2012_52875_l.jpg

The page, which included a cartoon of an angry, fist-waving wife and her cowering husband, compared the wife's yell to radiation. It continued the metaphor by saying that the women's increasing agitation could be compared to "radioactivity", while claiming the wife herself was comparable to "radioactive material".

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-52875-Radiation-likened-to-angry-Japanese-wife

The webpage... was dropped on Monday after the agency received dozens of complaints.

All 50 of Japan's operable nuclear reactors remain offline after a series of meltdowns and hydrogen explosions at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant.

Tokyo Electric Power, the operator of the Fukushima plant, said last month that the radiation released in the first days of the Fukushima disaster was almost 2-1/2 times the amount first estimated by safety regulators.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Radiation is like an angry Japanese wife? My god, I never realized radiation was so dangerous. :scared:

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
This comparison of a screaming angry Japanese housewife is giving radiation a bad name.

My conscience told me I shouldn't touch this topic with a ten foot fuel rod... Oh well..