R18.com. Did anyone ever bought something there?

denka33

Jan 14, 2010
Hey guys! I never had a credit card before but now I finally achieved my first one. Nice! So, I was thinking on buying some JAVs and came across with this r18.com, which seems to be dmm alternative for overseas fans. But since this is my first credit card and my first online shopping adventure i'm kinda worried if the site is safe or not. Any tips? thx

Reactions: clemenceko

clemenceko

Jan 12, 2009
It is safe. R18.com is the REAL English site for DMM. I have an account with them and have bought videos from them before. I have bought around 15 videos from them already. A few of them, I bought when they are on sale.

But I do advice you to get the videos when it is on sale. As some videos are quite expensive. I learn that a hard way when a video I bought become on sale 2 months later which could save me 15 bucks. But of course there is no way - I think, to know when your video is going to be on sale though.

Another advice is, if your video is a recent release, it will be very expensive. Most likely price at 30USD range. If you really want that video, wait for at least 4 months - estimated range, after date of release, and the price will drop a lot. A few videos I track on my wish list happen like this. But I not sure if it applies to all recent release though.

Last advice is, when you bought the video, in which you choose both streaming and download, your download you can only play in Windows Media Player. Other players can't play them. Even VLC can't. So you may want to take note of that.

Hope this helps!

Lionheart1203

May 27, 2012
In my opinion, R18 is one of the best site for JAV. Make note of what the above user said about Windows Media player and VLC. I could be wrong, but I think you need to install something call the DMM player (which I think it's the Windows Media Player?) from the site. It's nothing too hard though. I think they done a good job to make the site user-friendly. They would get much more of my business if they can make videos compatible with VLC though!

Reactions: clemenceko