Question about Audio

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
MPC-HC could not render some of the pins in the graph, you may not have the needed codecs or filters installed on the system.

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter:

LAV Splitter Source (internal)::Audio

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
Audio: 0x6771 48000Hz stereo 128kbps

AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {00006771-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_WaveFormatEx {05589F81-C356-11CE-BF01-00AA0055595A}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 256000
cbFormat: 26

WAVEFORMATEX:
wFormatTag: 0x6771
nChannels: 2
nSamplesPerSec: 48000
nAvgBytesPerSec: 16000
nBlockAlign: 1
wBitsPerSample: 16
cbSize: 8 (extra bytes)

pbFormat:
0000: 71 67 02 00 80 bb 00 00 80 3e 00 00 01 00 10 00 qg..€»..€>......
0010: 08 00|01 02 02 20 31 12 01 20 ..... 1..

Media Type 1:
--------------------------
Audio
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Audio {73647561-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {AFBC2343-3DCB-4047-9655-E1E62A61B1C5}
formattype: Unknown GUID Name {35189950-CAC9-4C8D-819D-B6FAEE15DD9D}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 256000

Sorry for the wall of text. I am not really familiar with what this is and it is what I get after I play a video download from filejoker. I try using Divx Player, Tiger Player, Window Media Player every player only have video but no audio. Anyone able to help? Thank you.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
That's the joy of vorbis, there's many different version and LAV doesn't include or doesn't have enabled by default the one you need.

See https://www.akiba-online.com/thread...ew-black-ones-too.31924/page-478#post-3392044 for how to solve it.

Sorry to bother you again bro. I check the link you gave me and this is where it send me to http://forums.kmplayer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532
I did the exact same thing require me to install Vorbis. Same thing happen and I try to use a different player like VLC media player this came out "VLC could not decode the format "vo3+" (No description for this codec)".

The link you send the solution was quite easy I was happy, but it did not work any other solution out there? Thank you. :(

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You need to use a player that support and use directshow codecs. VLC only uses it's internal ones so it won't even see what you installed.

I think divx player from your list use direcshow(and apparently tiger too, but I know nothing about that player), but I'm not sure, I use MPCHC myself.

If it still fails, you may have to disable other vorbis codec from being used from the player or LAV filters.

The thread linked is almost certainly the solution to your problem, the hard part is making sure your video player use the codec you installed instead of it's own to play the video. Vorbis is a mess with a lot of unofficial version so it makes auto-detecting the right codec to use fail a lot.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
I am still using MPC-HC, but same error came up. Possible that I could check if I actually install vorbis? The tutorial on that page was clear enough just that it does not work.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
To check what codec mpchc is using when playing the video, right-click the video screen once it's open in mpchc, go to filters and you'll have a list on the right of what is currently being used. If you see LAV Audio decoder(internal), it means it's using the default.

To force it to use the one you installed, go in the options, then External filters, click Add filter... on the top right and find the vorbis acm codec in the list to add it(you'll know it's installed properly if it shows up in that list).
Once it's added to the list, select it and check Prefer on the right instead of Set merit, press ok, restart mpchc and it'll hopefully use it now.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
Well do you have other website to download vorbis acm codec I keep installing the vorbisacm.inf file, although the install did run(not sure if it did because something pop-up too quick to show if I install it or not). I have try your method apparently it is running LAV splitter, when I try adding filter there is nothing showing vorbis acm......:confused:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Nevermind, just tested it myself and it doesn't show up in mpchc filter list apparently. A window quickly disappearing usually means the install worked. If you really want to make sure, you can download graph studio next(has to be the next version, normal graph studio will crash with LAVfilters installed), run it, then go in graph->Insert Filter... and scroll down until you see Ogg Vorgis (mode 1) up to mode 3+ with ACM/ICM on the right of it.

It using LAVsplitter is expected, it's the audio one we don't want to see there. If LAV splitter and video is in the list, that's fine. That list should show the sound device, the video renderer, the audio switcher, the video codec, the audio codec and the splitter. It's the audio codec part we're interested in.

Something I just thought of, you have to use the 32bit version of mpchc(even if you have a 64bit windows) for it to work since the codec is 32bit. The 64bit version won't see it.

If it's still not working, we'll disable vorbis from the internal filters instead. Go in the options, Internal Filters and uncheck ogg on the left column and vorbis on the right one.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
Nevermind, just tested it myself and it doesn't show up in mpchc filter list apparently. A window quickly disappearing usually means the install worked. If you really want to make sure, you can download graph studio next(has to be the next version, normal graph studio will crash with LAVfilters installed), run it, then go in graph->Insert Filter... and scroll down until you see Ogg Vorgis (mode 1) up to mode 3+ with ACM/ICM on the right of it.

It using LAVsplitter is expected, it's the audio one we don't want to see there. If LAV splitter and video is in the list, that's fine. That list should show the sound device, the video renderer, the audio switcher, the video codec, the audio codec and the splitter. It's the audio codec part we're interested in.

Something I just thought of, you have to use the 32bit version of mpchc(even if you have a 64bit windows) for it to work since the codec is 32bit. The 64bit version won't see it.

If it's still not working, we'll disable vorbis from the internal filters instead. Go in the options, Internal Filters and uncheck ogg on the left column and vorbis on the right one.

I do not have Ogg Vorgis inside when I run graph studio next. Inside the O section only Overlay Mixer and Overlay Mixer 2. That means I did not install it correctly? hm.......So I check I do have MPC 64bit running.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you don't see it, then yeah, it either means you don't have it installed properly(make sure to follow the directions from post 3 or 4 in the kmplayer thread exactly) or you're using the 64bit version of graph studio next(it'll have the same issue as mpchc 64bit, it won't see 32bit codecs).

Make sure to download and use the 32bit version of both graph studio next and mpchc.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
If you don't see it, then yeah, it either means you don't have it installed properly(make sure to follow the directions from post 3 or 4 in the kmplayer thread exactly) or you're using the 64bit version of graph studio next(it'll have the same issue as mpchc 64bit, it won't see 32bit codecs).

Make sure to download and use the 32bit version of both graph studio next and mpchc.

I have uninstall both 64bit version of MPC and graph studio next and replace it 32bit version a few more filters came up Ogg Demux Packet Source Filter/Multiplexer/Mux Filter/Splitter. Still no Ogg Vorgis with ACM/ICM:( I am still wondering if I install the Vorbis correctly. When I use command prompt to install it keeps telling me to specific the location or either insert the Ogg Vorgis Disk, so I manually install the vobisacm.inf using right click install. Is this a problem, because I am sure a window pop-up installing a short 2 sec pop-up.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I don't think right-click and choosing install will do a proper job, you have to follow the directions and do it from the command prompt.

For this line
Code:
rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 C:\vorbis\vorbisacm.inf
You need to change C:\vorbis\vorbisacm.inf to the path where you extracted it on your computer and if there's a space anywhere in that path, you need to put the path between ".

So if you extract it to C:\Vorbis acm\ the command you need to type is:
Code:
rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 "C:\vorbis acm\vorbisacm.inf"

Also, make sure the command prompt is open in administrator mode. You can right-click the command prompt icon/name before opening it and choosing run as administrator instead of the keyboard shortcut they mention in case you're not sure if it worked or not.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I'm guessing windows 10 blocks the permission by default in C root so it won't let you access it.

Either change the permissions to the vorbis folder or take the easy solution and move it to your documents folder and try there.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
I'm guessing windows 10 blocks the permission by default in C root so it won't let you access it.

Either change the permissions to the vorbis folder or take the easy solution and move it to your documents folder and try there.

I try renaming the folder to vorbisacm, but still error if I put it in my documents folder is this the correct command?
"rundll32 setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 0 C:\users\user\documents\vorbis\vorbisacm.inf"

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Hmm, maybe the command doesn't work on windows 10, You can try asking on the doom9 forum or I'll install win10 in a vm and give it a try to see if I can make it work when I have enough time for that.

spawn7883

Oct 14, 2012
Hmm, maybe the command doesn't work on windows 10, You can try asking on the doom9 forum or I'll install win10 in a vm and give it a try to see if I can make it work when I have enough time for that.

Will do I check the forum. Thank you very much for being so patient SamKook.