Purchasing from a japanese website

nen_user

Feb 24, 2007
I'm trying to subscribe to lovepop.net. I tried doing it using my current credentials but they require a Japanese phone number. I do not speak Japanese. I used Google Translate to get through the website so i don't know how its system works.

I require help to get a few things from the website. I am willing to pay, send me a PM me if you wish.

The stuff I want to get are:

http://lovepop.net/tanpin/item.php?ID=tpa000162
http://lovepop.net/tanpin/item.php?ID=tlo000047
http://lovepop.net/tanpin/item.php?ID=tpa000023
http://lovepop.net/tanpin/item.php?ID=tpa000059

I also wish to purchase a few things from http://www.dl-laby.jp. Once again I am willing to pay.
The items I require are:

http://www.dl-laby.jp/detail_6208.html
http://www.dl-laby.jp/detail_1446.html

cjeorghes

Feb 17, 2007
It's risky. They may block access outside Japan, even if your order go through. Most of them time they reject foreign credit card as well. They dont want any customers outside Japan.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I'm too lazy to go through every link as I'm on my iPhone but what are those? DVDs? Files? Picture CDs?

cubia

Apr 14, 2008
i also want to ask for living in japanese guy, how much a softbank cellphone (sharp mirumo 944sh) retail price is. because i want to buy it but i need information first in order to be 1 step ahead in negotiation. actually an information site where i can find it is much better but i haven't able to find any that listing it even in akihabara.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
i also want to ask for living in japanese guy, how much a softbank cellphone (sharp mirumo 944sh) retail price is. because i want to buy it but i need information first in order to be 1 step ahead in negotiation. actually an information site where i can find it is much better but i haven't able to find any that listing it even in akihabara.

Negotiation of what? You walk into SoftBank, say you want a phone, show your gaijin card and passport and off you go, or if you're like me and drive, just show your gaijin card and drivers license and voila, that's it.

You mean you couldn't find a price for this phone in Akihabara....?

Did you walk AWAY from every cell phone shop including SoftBank's outlet(s)????

Good lord, I'm not even going to help you on this one as it sounds like you're a lazy .... (insert rude name here - *refraining so I don't get another warning point for being rude to the lazy frucks*)

cubia

Apr 14, 2008
[the copy of the private message i sent to mr. aquamarine]
in my post im asking for living in japan guy in this forum if they know the retail price of the phone, because "I" dont live in japan. i know softbank has official store called j-phone but they dont have website that can be accessed. i tried to find akihabara store online in japan directory site but was only able to find limited store like Akky main store, 1, 2, 3 &4 but they dont have product listing for sharp cellphone. the reason im asking for information is because i think there would be at least a magazine in japan like "Smartphone Essentials" that review product and tell the price of the said product (like sharp Mirumo 2 944sh which going on sale in late july). believe me, if in kinokuniya they sell the magazine i would buy it, but they dont (reminds me i havent gone there for like 3 months). what i mean by negotiation is because i know an intermediary guy who can get it but of course if i dont want to be duped to paying like 50% pricier i must have the knowledge of the real price. its about having a bargaining position. be knowledgeable so you dont get swindled or lied. so i am asking you, before you trashwording other guy, at least read the message carefully. and if you know the retail price please do tell me.

p.s: you are indeed an asshole and not so intelligent bitch

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I still haven't read that, or your other private messages and will continue to delete them until you learn to format a proper post rather than throw up written diarrhea.

For now, your other private messages are being deleted as I receive them - unread and uninteresting.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
To buy a phone from SoftBank requires you to purchase a SoftBank plan at the same time. You can cancel your contract by paying an early termination fee (ETF), usually $200+.

If you have an existing plan, it is possible to buy a SoftBank phone without an additional plan. But you typically must pay for the full price of the phone, usually $300+.

Even if you get the phone, SoftBank phones are (currently) locked to the SoftBank network. It may be possible to use a super-SIM in order to use it in your home country, but you will only be able to use voice and SMS. Japanese phones usually do not allow you to reprogram the access point necessary for internet/data connections.

Of course, if you get your phone with a SoftBank plan, you can now enable global roaming for a price of $15/day (for data), plus additional charges for voice and SMS.

If you really don't know anything about how mobile providers sell cellphones, and simply want a Japanese phone because it's cool, my advice is not to buy one. You will always end up overpaying for a device that is worthless in your home country.

cubia

Apr 14, 2008
start by not replying my message anymore moron. replying it is the same meaning with already reading the message and you're still an idiot. as i told you in pm i dont need your help anymore. besides around 70000 yen for a phone is not so pricey to me. compared to you i make $100000 a week. i imagine you're just a lowly paid technician making $8 an hour and busting your ass working 8 hours everyday. hence your habit of throwing profanity left and right to make yourself looks like pathetic badasshit. your unhelpfull attitude has been noted. live your shitty life, fucking retarded class F moron.

to@guy:
if its locked then what does it mean by global roaming? as i know it the practice of locking has been lifted as of 2010 by some japan minister. but your good natured thread still deserve a thanks. btw theres nothing in this world that cant be broken.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
internetseriousbusinessj.jpg

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
if its locked then what does it mean by global roaming? as i know it the practice of locking has been lifted as of 2010 by some japan minister. but your good natured thread still deserve a thanks.

Global roaming is the same as roaming. You use a SoftBank SIM card in your phone and use the phone outside of Japan. You pay all your bills to SoftBank.

The SIM lock has not been "lifted". The only thing the Ministry of Communication has done is urge carriers to remove SIM lock -- it is not mandatory to do so. SoftBank has said it is willing to make up to 20% of its phones SIM-free if there is consumer demand, but has not made any announcement about any phones that are actually SIM-free. Overall, many people in Japan like the idea of SIM-free phones, but there is no immediate benefit for most people, so it will take a while before SIM-free phones actually come out to market.

SoftBank has also noted that making SIM-free phones could raise the price tag as much as $400.

btw theres nothing in this world that cant be broken.
There's plenty of stuff in this world that can't be broken. Although it is technically possible to unlock a phone, there is incredibly little information about unlocking a Japanese phone because of all the proprietary software it uses. Most people rely on Super-SIMs (eg: a SIM card that makes a Japanese phone think you've inserted a SoftBank SIM, even though you inserted your own SIM).

But the SIM lock is not the only problem. Again, most Japanese phones do not allow you to change access point information (hard-coded into ROM). Thus if you take a SoftBank phone outside of Japan, it will still look for the open.softbank.ne.jp access point. So unless your carrier at home just so happens to use the exact same access point (and username/password), you cannot get internet/data in your home country. The way around this involves decompiling and reflashing the ROM, which requires signed code. If you make any mistakes, you will permanently damage the phone and won't even be able to turn it on.

So unless you are prepared to deal with these problems, I strongly urge you to reconsider getting a Japanese phone for use outside of Japan.

Again, the only alternative is to buy the phone in Japan with a basic SoftBank plan (typically 3000yen/mo), then add the global data roaming option (1480yen/day). Your monthly charge will be about 47,400yen (or US$540), in addition to 125yen/min for voice calls and 100yen per SMS. To do this, you will also need to have an address in Japan, and your foreigner registration card.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Last, if you absolutely must have the phone without a SoftBank plan, you can search on Yahoo JP Auctions:
Code:
http://search.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/search/auc?p=944sh&auccat=0&alocale=0jp&acc=jp

You will find the average selling price (it appears to be about 50,000yen, or US$570). Use an auction deputy service to bid on the auction for you, and then ship it to you outside of Japan. Expect to pay a lot of fees.

If you decide to do that, don't expect to get any help when you put your SIM in the phone and it says (in Japanese) "SIM not recognized". This is fair warning.

cubia

Apr 14, 2008
i would like to play the chance of FAILED to do it. sometimes a big ego has to get pricked some large which i rarely gets (last night is pretty close because NED plays very badly against BRA in the first half and im about to lose the money but turns out its just unwarranted worry). as i said before i know an intermediary guy and im also happen to be extremely damn good negotiator.
SoftBank has also noted that making SIM-free phones could raise the price tag as much as $400.
this has been taken into consideration and largely ignored. btw i dont intend to use SuperSIM, i intend to make completely new HYPERIIISIM.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
]i make $100000 a week. i imagine you're just a lowly paid technician making $8 an hour

So how's that job going?

Yup, ermmmm.... I'm a paid technician.... (a technician of what? Anyone wanna clue me in on what a 'technician' job entails?)

If this teenager is making $100,000 a week, you'd think that it'd be no problem for him to just BUY the phone and not have to haggle for it. Just an observation of someone who can't speak English, let alone format a post.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
compared to you i make $100000 a week

It's not nice to misquote others my dear aquamarine. :joker:

In any case if he really gets that much, you may be the president of Botswana as well. :pandalaugh:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Oops my bad.
However he pulled a number out of his 14 year old puckered ass and pointed out that I make $8 an hour.

If that was the case in his alternate reality that his friends call "his moms basement", then in a real world he would actually be bringing in something to the tune of $1,520,600. However I have a feeling his local currency is in some third world coins and likely not a dollar system as from any colony or the USA.

That said, the average I charge (for those wholly interested, of which I am sure none are) is slightly over ¥30,000 per hour. Of course I am rarely booked very solid this time of year and most shows are in other countries and people are prepping for vacation rather than spending money on boudoire photos of their loved ones.

INTERNETS.... A SERIOUS SERIES OF TUBES!

So let's take that and figure in

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Hahahahaha

RyuKaze

龍風
Jun 22, 2010
I'm glad to see the community spirit is still alive and strong.
For all we know, he/she is a very successful person and we can only avert our eyes from their brilliance. :joker:
And guy, you sir are a comical genius. :pandalaugh: