Program thats writes file names from a folder to a text file...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Yep, just like the title says. I only found one program called AVD File List but it f**** up the filenames so I trashed it.

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and WinXP Pro.

This is a somewhat obscure request so I'm not really expecting much but any help would be greatly appreciated. Have a nice day! :prance:

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
So you want a list of all the files in a specified directory ?

You can do that using a DOS command. Go there : start menu > run > type "cmd" (without the quotes)
Then you have to put yourself in the specified directory. Type cd\ to be on the root (usually c:\) Then type cd "name of the directory" (on XP, you can use the tab command to complete names)
Then type dir /s > list.txt
(the /s allows to list subdirectories, and list.txt is just a generic name, you can use another)