Post count

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

BlackSheepXL

Bishop
Apr 2, 2007
I just notice my post count went down from 50 to 30. What's going on? Has anyone had a similar problem? I don't put up spammy posts like 'thx, nice pics' so that can't be it.
I'm a fairly regular contributor to the forum but if this is the thanks I get I might just as well stick to just downloading.

Edit Thanks to Chompy for the kind response. I see my post count has recovered so maybe I was a little premature. OTOH, I'm still missing more than a few thanks, but those may also return or it's just due to the cleanup Chompy mentioned. Anyway, I might be persuaded to take it all back :)

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Just a quirk of vBulletin, don't take it personally.
Possibly related to the closing off of the recycle bin threads. On the mostpart, even deleting or pruning threads doesn't affect postcount.

If anyone has a similar issue, say so here.

gaijindavid

Jan 6, 2007
yeah, mine went down a lot, but does it really matter? if it will lead to my receiving fewer PMs about broken links to expired torrents, it is a good good thing in my book. :)

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
My count dropped by almost 100. Annoying, but if the true number can't be retrieved, then hey ho. Maybe I was one of the lucky ones. I'm not so sure N-Rex will be so pleased. His dropped from 400+ to 8!! eek!

LOL @ gaijindavid:

OMG @ top_scorer!!!!!!!!!!!!

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I didn't even notice till I read this.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
I can actually run a script that will restore people's postcount to their exact number of posts, so for most people this will mean a drop in postcount.

edit: OK I ran the script. Now everyone is even. Your postcount is your actual postcount. (you can verify it by clicking on your profile/name and searching for "all posts by this user"

If your postcount has gone down, it's only because the number you thought you had was inaccurate.