photoshop tutorials?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Anyone got any online photoshop tutorials bookmarked that they swear by? I need only basic knowledge, but it needs to be photoshop7. If you have something amazing, i could probably switch to another version of photoshop.

I've already looked around and found nothing useful, so here i am.:snooze:

sora3

May 24, 2008
What specifically of Photoshop do you want to learn? I usually look around Youtube or google it.

diomedes

OverCaffeinated Libertine
Jan 9, 2007
Sorry, been really busy to get back here. Thanks for the replies, here's some ideas of what i'm doing/done and the *basic* uses of photoshop i need:

1st cover is before, 2nd is after i'm done with it. 3rd cover is an obstacle because the pictures are tilted to the side. That's an issue cause i usually just crop/resize and whatnot with infranview & mspaint. basic, i know, but it got me this far. Anyway, you can find some of my works here in this thread. The photoshop would help me make some of the fancy covers look even more convincing. Tilded pictures with borders and circle shaped pictures are impossible for me right now.

So basically, what i'm doing is taking cedars uploads and the covers he is able to privide and i improve them so they appear at least half decent when printed out for a dvd case. usually a cover scan found on the net of about 100kb ends up with a back cover looking like ass.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Genuine Fractal 5.0

hey diomedes,
I understand your situation and I would highly recommend upgrading your application to something more professional and higher quality. After all that is what your after. I believe that PS 7 which I guess you have will support this plugin. However if not then I'd recommend upgrading PS as well.
Anyway the plugins name is Genuine Fractals the current version is 5.0.4 but the enclosed version is 5.0. Not much was updated in the 0.0.4. The archive only contains the PC version. I assume that you and most other members here at akiba are using a PC but I'm on a Mac and have had great results at upscaling images in the same way you're trying.
Please give it a try and let em know how it goes for you. I've attached it rather than create a torrent that will eventually die. This way the members can always easily and quickly grab it.
desioner