PETA Slams 'Pro-Fur' Super Mario

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I didn't know if I should put this in the news of game discussion. I have to wonder if these dumb asses are in Japan too. Too bad men and white coats can't drag them off to the loony bin. So if Nintendo stops having tanooki suits in the mario games you will know who to blame.

If these clowns were to go the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally to protest against the use of leather I might actually have some respect for these idiots.But I guess old ladies wearing fur are easier targets than bikers wearing leather.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/16/peta-slams-pro-fur-super-mario/
Code:
Animal rights group People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) has set its sights on iconic video game character Mario for wearing fur in Nintendo’s latest 3DS game Super Mario 3D Land.

Since the game launched Sunday, the organization has launched a scathing online campaign entitled “Mario Kills Tanooki.” In Nintendo's new game, Mario sometimes dons the skin of a tanooki, which is a Japanese raccoon dog.

“Tanooki may be just a suit in the game, but in real life tanuki are raccoon dogs who are skinned alive for their fur,” PETA’s site states. “By wearing a Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it is OK to wear fur.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/16/peta-slams-pro-fur-super-mario/#ixzz1dwKiyZHZ

macchan

Nov 20, 2009
Maybe soon in video game need a message like " None animals were killed during this game "

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Maybe soon in video game need a message like " None animals were killed during this game "

I hope not.Companies caving into idiots pisses me. Crap like this just reminds me of those blatantly obvious warning labels they put on products to lawyer proof them from lawsuits like caution contains peanuts on a jar of peanut butter.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
PETA can suck it with their "holier than thou" mentality. They'll go after anything they think abusive to "animals".

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
PETA can suck it with their "holier than thou" mentality. They'll go after anything they think abusive to "animals".

Just as long as the alleged animal abusers will not kick their ass. Which is why you never will see these people outside biker bars screaming leather is murder.And I am pretty sure that if rapper 50 cent decided to wear fur there is no way in hell one of those peta nuts would dare throw paint on him.

MusukoMu

Peace, Love, Moe
Sep 30, 2011
The Tanooki Suit has been a powerup in the series since Super Mario Bros. 3 came out more than 20 years ago. Even my mother knew that! How come PETA didn't complain before now?

loveIdols

Nov 7, 2007
Guys, I must say I am with PETA on this one for one sole reason -- live skinning.

I have watched a video of a chinese guy skinning a live dog while chatting and laughing with friends in his dirty little village (you can find it online, but I really don't recommend watching it unless you have nerves of steel and stomach for it).

Purpose? Selling the skin for $1.
Amount of cats and dogs skinned alive like that each year in China? Millions.

Mind you, he did not show any mercy to the poor animal, he just left a skinned, shocked, dog on the ground in the dust to suffer and die slowly. If you dare to take a look at that video, I can guarantee that poor dog's eyes will haunt you for the rest of your life unless you are a psychopath yourself.

Excuse for skinning the animal alive? Easier to do it then when it is dead?!?

That kind of shit has to stop. Just like we are fighting against slavery, human trafficking, child abuse, poverty, hunger, we should be fighting live skinning.

Don't get me wrong, I am not completely against skinning animals. What I am against is unnecessary brutality just because it is easier money.

For me, the life of that guy who skinned the dog alive is worth less than the life of that dog for in my eyes he is an animal, not the dog.

It is sad that so many people just choose to ignore such brutality and attack PETA for trying to stop it. Maybe their message would be more easily understood if it was worded like this:

“By wearing a Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it is OK to wear fur skin live animals.”

At least that is how I would word it to sound less like a crusade agaist fur, and more like a real concern about animal suffering.

Oct 6, 2007
Guys, I must say I am with PETA on this one for one sole reason -- live skinning.

I have watched a video of a chinese guy skinning a live dog while chatting and laughing with friends in his dirty little village (you can find it online, but I really don't recommend watching it unless you have nerves of steel and stomach for it).

Purpose? Selling the skin for $1.
Amount of cats and dogs skinned alive like that each year in China? Millions.

Mind you, he did not show any mercy to the poor animal, he just left a skinned, shocked, dog on the ground in the dust to suffer and die slowly. If you dare to take a look at that video, I can guarantee that poor dog's eyes will haunt you for the rest of your life unless you are a psychopath yourself.

Excuse for skinning the animal alive? Easier to do it then when it is dead?!?

That kind of shit has to stop. Just like we are fighting against slavery, human trafficking, child abuse, poverty, hunger, we should be fighting live skinning.

Don't get me wrong, I am not completely against skinning animals. What I am against is unnecessary brutality just because it is easier money.

For me, the life of that guy who skinned the dog alive is worth less than the life of that dog for in my eyes he is an animal, not the dog.

It is sad that so many people just choose to ignore such brutality and attack PETA for trying to stop it. Maybe their message would be more easily understood if it was worded like this:

“By wearing a Tanooki, Mario is sending the message that it is OK to wear fur skin live animals.”

At least that is how I would word it to sound less like a crusade agaist fur, and more like a real concern about animal suffering.

You're clearly a troll because nobody can possibly be THAT stupid. Nowhere in the game does Mario skin a live tanooki nor does it even show the animal, it's a SUIT. So if I wear a halloween costume that is a giant dog I'm condoning the skinning of live animals? Bull shit.

xuhhep

Señor Baka
Oct 8, 2007
I don't like peta that much either (as far as i can throw them, with all their terrorist practices) and the mario thing is bullshit too.

That being said, that whole live skinning of raccoon dogs is very, very fucked up. I saw that footage years ago. After the actual skinning you see the skinned head of the still alive animal, which is shivering in total shock. What makes it even more grotesque is that is still has it eyelashes. Looks totally fucked up. And all that to have a piece of fur without blood stains.