Over moderation

NoriHiiro

Jun 27, 2008
First off, a lack of over moderation is not a problem at AO. It is however becoming a huge problem at other sites. It gets to the point where you're just like "f#$k this. these people can kiss my A$$." Some sites want you to jump through hoops just to access certain forums. Please don't ever let that become AO.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
What other sites? What hoops do they make you jump through?

Gengar

Nov 19, 2009
Oh, this happens here too.
Just a few days ago I received a warning for not providing screencaps... although the screencaps were obviously there:

I was like LOL... WTF?! :surprised2:
But my experiences with message boards moderators over the years have tought me that it's not worth asking questions... :silence:

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Oh, this happens here too.
Just a few days ago I received a warning for not providing screencaps... although the screencaps were obviously there:

I was like LOL... WTF?! :surprised2:
But my experiences with message boards moderators over the years have tought me that it's not worth asking questions... :silence:

I'd say the problem wasn't the screencaps, but the lack of file information that was the problem.
Threads / posts must contain the file size in MB/GB and the file format (AVI, MKV, OGM, RMVB, FLV, MPG, MP4, RAR, ZIP, JPG, BMP, GIF etc.) as well.

Gengar

Nov 19, 2009
All necessary information was at the bottom of the screencaps:

1280499023.jpg

Mind that, it seems pointless to mention the size of the file. Everyone can calculate the total size by adding the size of all the links.
Meh... Whatever... :dunno:

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
All necessary information was at the bottom of the screencaps:
When you put information as text within the post, it is saved directly to the AO database. But when you simply rely on information generated in screencaps (and not all screencap programs generate the same information), that data can go missing if the image is deleted from the image host, broken links, people having trouble connecting to the image host, image hosts suddenly blocking the AO referrer, etc.

The moderation is an effort to clean up the forums and keep all of the posts neat and consistent. It might seem annoying to bother uploaders with small details like how to format posts and what information to include, but for every additional consistently formatted post, AO becomes exponentially better all around for everyone. One extra minute on your behalf saves hundreds of users several man-hours of digging for information!

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Sometimes a site doesn't allow hotlinking of images and in those cases the OP is just seeing the image from their browser cache. I thought that mightve been the case but I checked your post and it looks fine so I reversed the infraction.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
But it would be nice to add video info as text on the post itself for the reasons guy referred to. Though I'm not going to give you or anyone else a hard time over it as long as its contained somewhere in the post.