Olympic Gymnasts

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gawkerman

Jul 20, 2008
Hi
Has anyone got any videos of the Japanese women's gymnastics? Or any team? Link anywhere? Please let me know -
many thanks!

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
LOL! I was going to ask the same question. Seeing as they are mostly juniors, I'll move this to the Jr Idol Club...

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
http://www.joc.or.jp/gallery/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan_at_the_2008_Summer_Olympics#Artistic
http://www.nbcolympics.com/athletes/search/country=JPN/index.html

I don't know if they're "mostly juniors". These were the only U-18 athletes I could find, out of about two dozen gymnastics athletes (courtesy of the NBC link):
Yuka Endo (15)
Saori Inagaki (17)
Yu Minobe (17)
Nachi Misawa (17)
Kotono Tanaka (15)
Koko Tsurumi (14)

But I dunno. These women are athletes first and foremost; they aren't exactly there to be "eye candy" in front of the camera. Then again who knows, maybe a little muscle is what you're looking for.
:dunno:

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
...I don't know if they're "mostly juniors". These were the only U-18 athletes I could find, out of about two dozen gymnastics athletes (courtesy of the NBC link):
Yuka Endo (15)
Saori Inagaki (17)
Yu Minobe (17)
Nachi Misawa (17)
Kotono Tanaka (15)
Koko Tsurumi (14)

But I dunno. These women are athletes first and foremost; they aren't exactly there to be "eye candy" in front of the camera. Then again who knows, maybe a little muscle is what you're looking for.
:dunno:

Oh my mistake....

I just naturally assume that most of the girls in gymnastics are around the 13-14 age mark. Considering the 18 year olds are classed as veterans...

Moved back :bow-pray:

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Well, in certain countries they certainly are predominantly U-18. It depends on how aggressively each country scouts and trains its athletes for specific events.

Then again, female gymnasts need to be short and lightweight, and while we normally associate 5'2" 100lb females to be around the 13-14 mark, Japanese/asian women can retain that competitive figure for a longer time.

I guess the question for OP is if he (she?) is looking for U18 or for petite. :evillaugh:

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Keeping in mind they're supposed to be 16 at least it is kind of strange.

I mean, China only has 1 member who isn't under 15, even if they try to deny it or give the passports they themselves make as proof, heh.

Also because of that they really aren't having the age checks to strictly enforced it seems.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Actually I wasn't aware of this until recently. You need to be 16 during the year of the Olympics. So you can be 15 while you're at the Olympics, you just have to turn 16 before the end of the year.

No idea what the story with Koko Tsurumi is, though. There might simply be an error in her profile.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Oh, I also have to point out the touching story of the girl on the chinese team being dragged kicking, screaming, and crying about wanting to stay with her family, being forced to train to be an olympian for her country as a kid.

But she gets to talk to her family once a year, even after 10+ years of training, good for her.

Jesus...

Hal Turner

Super White Supremist! :D
Jun 24, 2007
where did you hear of this??

they shouldnt force her to do things she doesnt want to :(

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
where did you hear of this??

they shouldnt force her to do things she doesnt want to :(

It's pretty much the same for all of them really. If they see any kind of talent when they're even around 3 or 4 years old they do exactly what I said.

Makes you wonder what the hell would have happened to them if they lost the other day.
:coldsweat:

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
Don't forget that the current 2008 Beijing gymnasts are pre-teen if you ever looked at there photos. Seeing how most of everything in China is fake, could be forged identification. :p

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Or it could be how children in China are considered 1 year old when they're born.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Asian_age_reckoning

So in all technicality, the gymnasts could be considered 15/16 in Chinese culture, with the government simply trying to "bridge the cultural divide" (ie: forging documents to meet Western standards).

seiya1

Level80Cleaver
Feb 28, 2007
back to the gymnsastics subject, I would suggest whoever has links to videos, to post them in another thread. and come on, do all of the nations, not just asians or japs etc. (except for ethiopia)