Odd problem with file name-Why the asterik in some of these videos?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I noticed that when I tried to encrypt the folder which contained this video, I got an error in my encrypting program that said, File path does not exist. When I opened the ISO file in my encryption program, I noticed an asterik in front of the folder file name, which you can't see in windows UI, but you "can" see it when you open the ISO in programs like winrar. This asterik was preventing the file from being locked, although 7-zip seemed to work until I opened the locked container and found no file, yet the locked container was showing a large size. I noticed the same issue with the Morning Musume 35th 10th Anniversary DVD.

Why is this asterisk being placed before the folder file name? Just curios?

Thank you.

Note: to resolve the asterik issue above, I had to make a new folder (my own) and move the ISO files into that folder, and then I was able to lock it. so who ever created this ISO, must have placed an asterik in front of the folder before making the ISO.

rawdawg

Nov 20, 2008
usually when i see an asterisk it means theres a password reuqired. I never saw it before the name though. Hope I dont run into it soon.