Newbie's Guide to JAV Series?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

DarkMorford

Nov 1, 2020
Is there any sort of guide or cheat-sheet out there to help folks who are new to JAV make sense of the recurring series that a lot of companies have? There are a lot of titles that keep coming up over and over, and it can be difficult to navigate at times.

Take the "Intersecting Body Fluids" series by S1, for example. It's clearly one of the company's more popular series, as it seems like just about every girl they sign does at least one. But I've never been able to find anything that explains what to expect from one of those films, or what sets them apart from any other JAV movie.

If it doesn't already exist, I think having some kind of resource listing the "hallmark" of some of the more common series would be quite useful, maybe including some other notable traits. Maybe a particular director is well known for certain types of scenes or something like that.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
We've a bunch of entries on our blog that highlight various series in good detail. I suggest checking it out.

gf25

Apr 1, 2016
"But I've never been able to find anything that explains what to expect from one of those films, or what sets them apart from any other JAV movie."

The thing with these series is that they are pretty much all the same, just that the actress is different in each instalment.

A lot of the time the male actor is the same, the plot is the same, the dialogue is the same, the scenes are the same, the girl is just switched out for another one. Now sometimes there are a few things different in each movie (perhaps the setting of one of the scenes, or the sex positions in some of the scenes, etc.) but for the most part, you would know what to expect.

What you need to do is watch some movies, figure out what theme you like, and then you can find more movies that are under that theme by searching it on R18 and looking to see if it's part of a series.

And then there are some studios that kind of stick to one genre for the most part. For example, most Natural High (NHDT, NHDTA, NHDTB) movies have to do with molesters, public sex, voyeurism, etc.

So again, just use JavLibrary and R18 as a resource and watch stuff to figure out what's what.