need advice for buying concert ticket in Japan (i live overseas)

bluebubblin

Jul 16, 2014
Hi, i plan to watch a concert in Japan but the process to buy the tix in advance through the official venue site is very troublesome (need create a member id, etc etc) and i cant understand a word since the site is in japanese.

So i prefer to buy the tix at site, considering the concert wasnt so big since the hype already long past.
anyone know how to buy the tix on site and whether the concert tix in japan can still purchased H-1 or on the day?
is it risky to not order the tix in advance? (in case they wont sell the tix on the venue)

heres the site for the venue : http://www.kyodotokyo.com/
i tried to find their email address for asking the staff which hopefully could understand english but no luck, they doesnt put their email address anywhere on the site.

if anyone have any experience of buying concert ticket in Japan, please shed some light for me.

Many Thanks!!!

tylersailer

Jan 24, 2011
Oh I never thought it is troublesome to purchase a concert ticket from oversea despite the fact that Japan (and music industry in general) is trying to sell their Cool Japan contents to the fans oversea.

Several pieces of advice:

1. Check with KyodoTokyo if they deliver your ticket to your hotel (tel: +81-570-550-799). Yes there is NO email address available unfortunately.

2. If above is cleared, check with your hotel if they can hold your ticket till you arrive.

But why KyodoTokyo? I never heard of it before. I mean, major ticket sellers in Japan are E-plus, Lawson Ticket, Ticket Pia, etc. If your intended concert is fairly big, you should be able to purchase from other venues. Either way, as far as my quick glance goes, they deliver the tickets to the address in Japan. So you can try my advice above with other vendors anyway.

Lawson Ticket or E-plus works with the convenience stores in Japan. This means that you can purchase the ticket online and PRINT it at any convenience store of its branch (e.g. Buy ticket through Lawson Ticket and print it at any Lawson close to you in Japan). Credit card is a must. Just I am not sure if they accept your foreign credit card.

Check this site Japanconcerttickets.com They help you get the ticket with extra fee (ticket fee + shipping + service fee + paypal fee). I do not know their credibility but I think it's worth try.

You may be able to purchase the ticket on site. But as you can guess it all depends on availability.

Also check this site Great guide on how to buy a concert ticket in Japan

Or, alternatively, you can pm me your detail of concert. I may be able to (and am happy to) assist you. With no extra service fee.

Hope you enjoy the concert anyway!