Mushishi

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Mushishi is probably the best anime I've seen.

The series is over now, but there is a movie, currently showing at festivals around the world: See: http://www.mushishi-movie.jp/ yet to be released on DVD.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Mushishi is indeed great.
I'm not even fully sure why I like it so much.
Maybe it's its atmosphere that makes it so enjoyable.
Too bad the series is over.
I'm hoping for another season.
Mushishi 2: Return of the mushi, now with guns!

RawD

bearded pirate
Nov 8, 2006
I've had it sitting on my external HD for a few moths now (both anbu and C1 subs), But I've yet to watch any of it. Is it really that good that I should watch it before a number of other series I've collected, but haven't had the time to see yet?

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
I've had it sitting on my external HD for a few moths now (both anbu and C1 subs), But I've yet to watch any of it. Is it really that good that I should watch it before a number of other series I've collected, but haven't had the time to see yet?
Yes, it's better than all your other series. Same way that Pulp Fiction is better than all the shows on Nickelodeon.

Gaiarth

Jan 9, 2007
Is it really that good that I should watch it before a number of other series I've collected, but haven't had the time to see yet?

Yes, yes it is.

Definitely one of the most atmospheric anime in a long long time.

Maximus_Ahriman

glasses...
Dec 23, 2006
This is one of my top 5 animes I love it so much. I love the atmosphere and the soundtrack is amazing and its very creative. I dont get why it isnt more popular its one of the most excelent series ive ever seen. I think this is the best anime for year 2005 and 2006. I hope they make more.