Moderating?!?!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Is anyone doing it on this site?
There are scat, vomit and other fetishist videos being posted in the JAV and Uncensored sections and they should be posted in the Fetish forum!
A quick PM from the mods to the posters would fix the problem, methinks.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Have you been hitting the little orange "!" to report it?

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
Yup we're all moding away as best we can... :)
Best way to point these misplaced / potential missplacements out is to click report (add a short comment) saying something like 'Should be in ... topic..<<'

Then it's easier for us to find them too.

I know when I raided the Other Downloads a week or more ago it took me three hours to just click through the first 25 pages.

Finding individual posts is a very tedious project indeed, so all help from the non modding members is appreciated.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Well with all of the database errors I experience daily now with the forum flodded with thousands of guests has made my job of moderating (cleaning up others shit) a little more difficult to say the least. I'm thankful for the new moderators and the members that utilize the report button.
desioner

ryuuga

みうみうの恋人
Super Moderator
Apr 2, 2007
Moderators are not supermens or super machines, they are human too. The forum is large, and the database is keep getting error nowadays, so it's quite common if we overlooked some misplaced threads/posts. That's why the REPORT button is existed in every thread/post, for you to click and help the mods to be alerted if you feel particular thread/post is not right.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
oh sweet... I got a signature sogn now too :)
Actually not bad... now I gotta live up to that too.. pfiuuh
wouldnt mind having that bike though. Thanks.

you surely mean this one, dealers still wanted...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
As long it's Japanese I'll ride anything :) LMAO...

(ok... as long its got a skirt and isn't futa of course... )

Sorry, then you are no customer for it, it´s a Korean Hyentai...

...to become seriously again the point when database errors appear seems to be at about 2200 to 2300 users + guests, sometimes I have no access for hours like today morning. No access = no moderating.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
More mods = more work done

BUT it is an ongoing process. Spam will never stop. Misplaced posts will never stop. But also Akiba-Online Mods will never stop!!

:hero:

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
You guys are great.

Yes, we appreciate all your efforts.

Love the theme song, and the bike. LOL

chippy

Satyagrahi
Feb 10, 2008
I'd hate to be a mod. It's a lot of work, and it never gets easier--there's always more work as the board grows and new members join. However, I couldn't imagine this board being a nice place without them! Thanks to all! I've reported only a handful of posts, but I'll be more diligent from now on.

On a side note, the curious monkey in me is really frustrated that YouTube claims that bike video "is not available in your country." What the f&*$! I never knew they did that. Anyone know an alternate source? I like laughing, too!

Corkson

Nov 15, 2007
It's so easy to complain

Yes, with all the people posting things can get a bit hectic at times. And it's easy to complain about it. BUT...

Have any of you who are complaining ever posted a technical question? I've posted a few, and they were always answered promptly and in detail by the mods. I continue to be impressed by this.

Important: If you feel there's something wrong with a post, chip in and report it. It's the little button on the upper right with the exclamation mark (!) in it. Hover your pointer over it, and you'll see what I mean.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Thankless job.
What we do moderate, you don't see, as those things are either placed in the correct section so you don't notice it or it's outright deleted from your view.

We deal every single post/thread that's reported.
If it isn't reported, there's no big surprise that it might slip us by, since we don't have enough OCD in our crew to read every single post.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Nice to know that there are a few that feel this way. Makes me all warm inside. Although I'd rather be inside something warm.
desioner