Missav com

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
Have you ever tried to download from missav.com?

I tried VideoDownloadHelper and it returned me m3u8 stream. jDownloader doesn't recognize. Ant Downloader is able to dowload BU it return a video with a length 2-4 min greater than original. I sent them email and they confirmed this bug. When it will be fixed who knows? I tried a script with mmpeg but I got a 403 error (access denied). Guys at jDownloader explained me that it will req'd a proper referrer. When they would fix it and how long would be take when they will change a referrer who knows? Is anybody has an idea?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You can do it with yt-dlp, using the link to that m3u8 playlist but you have to specify the referer or it'll tell you that you can't download(error 403) since they actually check to make sure the requests come from their website.

So you need 2 extra options(maybe just the referrer is fine but using both is safer) other than the link to the playlist:
--add-header "User-Agent:A browser user agent"
The above allows yt-dlp to fake being the browser you specified as the user agent. Just google "user agent" and you'll find a website that tells you your browser user agent.

--add-header "Referer:The address of the website you got the playlist link from"
The above tells the website that the request is coming from that link.

And as a 3rd option you add the link the the m3u8 playlist inside "" and it'll download and join all the video files from it since those websites split them into hundreds of parts.

An actual example would look like this if you open a command line window and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the yt-dlp.exe file first(which is also the folder where it'll download the video by default):
Code:
yt-dlp.exe --add-header "User-Agent:Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36" --add-header "Referer:https://missav.com/en/sun-058" "https://video.missav.com/bcdn_token=xij7b2vvh5L3lcvrymGH5jo_EsMLp8AdK4kM7JQfCCM&expires=1656798759&token_path=%2F822147a7-7b08-494c-bdaf-096bf5c819b3%2F/822147a7-7b08-494c-bdaf-096bf5c819b3/playlist.m3u8"

sadpandajav

Jun 27, 2022
The above methods work fine for missav for downloading. Have you ever tried to download video from the website jable.tv? I only bring it up in this thread since the site uses a similar format to missav including the same video player. When I try to download a video using ffmpeg with the -headers using the URL of the video with the appropriate m3u8 link, it always gives me the error 403 access forbidden. This site has lots of stuff with chinese subs, so I'm curious.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
It works if you use my above method using yt-dlp.

Reactions: sadpandajav

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
By the way I got couple sites where I don't see any solution.

1. https://javquick.com/movie/aRYFZYCk...xpectedly-thoughtlessly-to-my-sister-s-answer

This site return just 3 MB. Video Download Helper return a proper file size but but you can download using it not foe free. ffmpeg, Ant Downloader & jDownloader return 3mb yt-dl request a proper header. (Guys from jDownloader promise this task in a future update). The problem is that when I read from Chrome network a got ts files with the same name. Guys fro jDownloader wrote me that every previous chunk is calling a next one.

2. https://javhdworld.com/soe-681/ This video is not recognized by any methods. I tried yt-dl but again it req'd a proper header (got link from Firefox network tab @ Web Developer Tools). It is interesting that not all of files are using the same protection. Some even are possibly be downloaded by stupid Firefox Tools/Page info

P.S. I would not surprise if all of these sites will use m4s/mpeg/dash/stream schema with key/kid early or later. I just read how people get mpd, download encrypted stream, decrypt separate video and audio streams, and at last join final audio and video files using ffmpeg. I was shocked a little

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
1. Can't get a playlist so unless you open dev tools, let the video play and download every file individually and merge them after, I don't know how to deal with that.

2. Video won't load in firefox with dev tools open for me and can't get a playlist from any other means either so can't do much there either.

yt-dlp works fine to download the 3mb files on the first link so make sure you have the latest version and you're putting the link between quotes cause you're doing something wrong sounds like.

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
2. Sorry it is Google Chrome. Network - crl+r Fetch/XHR tab

1. Yes, you are able to download all 3 mb files to but you have to RENAME them like 01.ts, 02.ts and so on. How to download these small files IN ORDER and rename by created date (???) I have no idea and as I understand nobody except VDH resolved it

Attachments

• Screen1.JPG
    Screen1.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen2.JPG
    Screen2.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Screen3.JPG
    Screen3.JPG
    132.8 KB · Views: 251

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
Re. #2. It interesting that from couple browsers let you a download button. When I clicked on it I got
Code:
https://hellabyte.cloud/drive/s/zXqzzKIVaxH2x6Gc6jTDyogdmYDkcN
I clicked on it and it asked me to register. After I registered they asked me to pay something to download. I tried Firefox Development tool but I has been kick off from this web page. By the way I found out how to download from hellabyte but I can get only 1080p resolution file

P.S. There were this button on Dissenter and PaleMoon. Now this button disappeared on Dissenter. Palemoon stopped to play this file at all (hourglass forever)

Last edited:

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
For 1, you can see the order in the waterfall column in the network tab since it requests them as it plays so you just do something like yt-dlp "link" -o 01.ts and increment the number every time you download a file. But you have to let it play for the whole duration to get all the parts and manually download each... but trying it for real, you realize it's always the same link so it just keeps downloading the first part.

2. Yeah, seems to be hosted on some filehost and streamed from there. Didn't find the link though like you did. I guess you can only download for free if the request comes from that website or something and it's not a direct link to the file so downloading it with that link doesn't seem to work.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I have not, no. Never felt the need to pay for a download manager.

UriF

Aug 25, 2021
Unfortunately, I don't know how to send a private message. I wouldn't like if our discussion about IDM would be public.... I also not ready to pay any download manager and I try not to install anything if I can survive without it.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
You just click a name and then the Start conversation link