Message to gravyslime

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
gs - you have turned off every method of contacting you, except the public forum. I just wanted to wish you a nice day, and tell you to send your camel to bed. :)

:harp:

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
....did you think about posting that , whatever it is , on his profile page?....

...I really don`t get it :exhausted:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Thats becouse he disable the visitor messages and private messages

I don't have that impression (from a moderator point of view).

Maybe the whole thing is just trolling from rubiks6. :thief:

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I don't have that impression (from a moderator point of view).

Thats because you're a moderator. For every other normal user, his account is locked down and no contact can be made.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
You've got to be kidding.

elgringo14 said:
. . . Maybe the whole thing is just trolling from rubiks6.

This is the kind of statement that just kills any desire I have to be sociable on this site.

I have a friend (he is on my friends list, and I am on his) whom I am unable to contact, because he has disabled all private and visitor messages from his profile page. (He probably did this after being annoyed by thoughtless people).

Though I do not owe anyone an explanation, I will give one anyway. If you look at Mr. gravyslime's 'location' in his profile, you will see the title and first line of a Maria Muldaur song (google it, if you'd like). I simply quoted to my friend the second line of the song. I thought he'd get a laugh out of it. I also wished him a nice day. And lastly, I put my message in an appropriate sub-forum - this one here called 'Random'.

How any of this could be construed as 'trolling', I have no idea.

Mr. elgringo14, I feel that your response to this thread was thoughtless and unkind, and I don't appreciate it. And since you are a moderator, I will probably receive an infraction, or worse be banned for this post. However, it would be unfair of you to consider yourself above criticism simply because of your position.

I will neither respond to, nor defend myself again in this matter. I am done with it.

Good day to you ,sir.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
The message wasn't for him, so he didn't get it, and give you a wrong response based what he knew (probably).

This is the kind of statement that just kills any desire I have to be sociable on this site.
Don't let any comment kills your desire to be sociable on the forum.

-------------

more important, did Gravyslime read the message?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I didn't intend to post again here, but now I have no choice I guess...

I have a friend (he is on my friends list, and I am on his) whom I am unable to contact, because he has disabled all private and visitor messages from his profile page. (He probably did this after being annoyed by thoughtless people).

Though I do not owe anyone an explanation, I will give one anyway. If you look at Mr. gravyslime's 'location' in his profile, you will see the title and first line of a Maria Muldaur song (google it, if you'd like). I simply quoted to my friend the second line of the song. I thought he'd get a laugh out of it. I also wished him a nice day. And lastly, I put my message in an appropriate sub-forum - this one here called 'Random'.

I talked about trolling because this thread came out of the blue, with a really unusual topic, and as I said I didn't see a problem from my point of view, which was wrong in fact. I just wanted to tickle you a bit, and you react as if I insulted you or your friend.

I tried to make a serious statement first (that you seem to ignore now), plus a final joke because I didn't get the full picture of the opening message.

As you claim to be a good friend of gravyslime, I would say that you should have other means to communicate with him. There are surely places in the sections you have common interests, to have some direct communication.

So if gravyslime has disabled all his private communications, are you gonna post a thread everytime you need to tell him something?

Mr. elgringo14, I feel that your response to this thread was thoughtless and unkind, and I don't appreciate it. And since you are a moderator, I will probably receive an infraction, or worse be banned for this post. However, it would be unfair of you to consider yourself above criticism simply because of your position.

This is the kind of statement that just kills any desire I have to be a moderator on this site.

We have already enough problems on a daily basis, to not add with complains of moderators abusing their powers. I thought we were giving another impression.

You seem to take things seriously, this is just the internet. Giving an infraction for your post? Don't make me laugh. I take all criticism seriously, and try to be honest and fair with all members (except the spammers).

If I have hurt your sensibility with my joke tentative, I feel sorry about it.

I will neither respond to, nor defend myself again in this matter. I am done with it.

Good day to you ,sir.

I hope you read this at least. And the others, sorry to bother you.

gravyslime has still not replied to this thread...

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
gringo - it was just recently that I called you 'mi amigo'.

I can take a lot of shit, but being accused of trolling is hard to swallow.

Let's just chalk it up to a misunderstanding and forget it. I'll still gladly call you mi amigo. I rarely hold grudges, buddy.

and in response to ezepietro -

You don't need no harem, honey
When I'm by your side

And you don't need no camel
Wo no
When I take you for a ride

---

I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for a week. VERY sexy song.
Don't worry my friend - I am not so easily put off.
ezepietro said:
. . . did Gravyslime read the message?
That's the question of the day, huh.

I don't know. I was hoping my message would encourage him to open up a bit - at least to friends.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
IF GS ETC

I will make a guess that he disable them to people not on his friends list.
First hand knowledge! The only way I can contact you is out in the open forum. Lucky for me, you will always see it:)
I enjoyed reading this thead anyway. GS has 1,200 posts here. Maybe a reply in one of his threads would be better, unless you're on ignore. If you are, that's a shame, then he missed story behind your nick.
I set my messages to contacts only, after the 100th friend request from a stranger w/ no posts.
Adding someone as a contact leaves the communication open without the pressure of adding a friend. A friend would be expected to return pm's and sometimes, send one.
the end!
;-|ssssssssss

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
He shoots - . . .

IdolFun said:
. . . i will still guess . . .
No. In fact, even folks on his friends list can neither pm or visitor message him. I often wanted to put something in a Jr. Idol Club thread, but obviously, it would be off-topic.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
See! you always see it!

Anyone should be able to PM me.
Sure enough, I can. I tried once, after we (Teks and I) started Idol Fun and Games
and couldn't find a way. So I just gave up forever. My bad.
I just wanted to assure you that we didn't know why that thread name was so catchy, until
afterwards!! Even though mooching the name of Akiba's #1 poster in history would be genius,
that isn't why we did it.. We could/would change it if you wanted of course.

i will still guess this is right
yep :-( guess this thread is done
:-|ssss