Mean people suck.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
I wish to discuss the kind of mean attitude displayed in the "Miho Kaneko vs Aoi Kako" thread in the "Jr Idol Club", posts 10 through 13 (found here).

So along comes a new member, example100000, and he has only had 5 posts and perhaps he wants to feel a part of the community, so he posts some small thing in a thread that feels relevant to him, and

along comes Mr. bpx and shoots him down like a duck in season.

I think that bpx's disrespectful and denigrating attitude is quite un-called for. It is exactly this kind of disparaging, unfriendly attitude that caused me to say, a couple of weeks ago, that perhaps I did not wish to post here at Akiba any longer.

Well, I have decided to try to take Akiba back for the nice people. I've enjoyed posting and sharing and being part of this community here at Akiba for a couple of years now, and I don't wish to give that up simply because of mean people.

Perhaps bpx did not flat-out break any rules, but I think the calloused and unwelcoming and arguementative tone he often takes is just wrong. This kind of behavior would never be tolerated at K15. Now, I'm not trying turn this place into K15 - they are too strict and too tight - but Akiba can sometimes be a bit too loose, and sometimes 'freedom of speech' can be allowed to go too far, even if it does not explicitly break any rules. I think that if Akiba (or at least, the Jr Idol Club) would gravitate just a bit in the direction of K15's moderating style (just a little bit), it would be a better place. I don't know if bpx deserves an infraction, but I think a moderator should at least pm him and let him know that being mean for no reason is less than appropriate.

So, I guess I'm back (still not sure). But I must say, I miss the likes of daredemonai and aqua2213 and many other mostly friendly members who have stopped posting recently.

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
You just made my day.

:XD::XD::XD:

You might want to add the thread in which "I shot him down like a duck": http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64321&page=2

Now it's a bit fairer. Now people can see with their own eyes how many curse words I threw at him and how I made him a mental wreck. It's always better if people can make up their own opinion and not simply just listen to what one person says you know ;)

buttobi

Mar 29, 2007
Like you didn't know Kako was already retired, bpx, it's possible example100000 didn't know both of Miho and Kako were retired. It's not "stupid" not to know everything, you know. I'd say you could have been helpful to your fellow member instead of taking a "holier than thou" attitude. Let's not forget we are here for fun. Ruining fellow members' fun (of writing and reading post) is no-no. :warning2:

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
Okay then. I see my mistake in this case now. Thanks for clearing it up, buttobi. I didn't really think people would get it that way but it seems like once again it's proven: Internet is a very serious business.

It's funny buttobi how you made your point clear in one sentence while rubiks6 needed a bit more without explaining anything. A simple PM from him would have been enough anyways, there was no need to pull such "public" attention on it.

Anyways thanks for clearing that up, buttobi. I know now where the problem is.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
I like boards with a seperate forum for quarreling, flaming, trolling, name calling and all other unfriendliness to keep the rest of the forums pleasant without stifling a board.

(Also thanks for mentioning Hounddog.)

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
I like boards with a seperate forum for quarreling, flaming, trolling, name calling and all other unfriendliness to keep the rest of the forums pleasant without stifling a board.
Thank you. But well normally the witch-hunt isn't used in other forums. For them it's too...old fashioned.

(Also thanks for mentioning Hounddog.)
Don't exactly know why you thank me but well: You're welcome.

:casual:

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
I liked Isabelle Fuhrman in Orphan, you seem to think she was great too. You mention Hounddog in your sig, which I looked up on imdb. The movie also stars Dakota Fanning, whom I liked in Push, so I watched the movie, which I would have not ended up doing if you had not more or less recommended it. And since I posted in this thread anyway and noticed your sig again, I thought I might as well thank you for mentioning the movie. I should probably have taken into consideration that you're most likely not a mind reader when writing such a cryptic thanks.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Well, I have decided to try to take Akiba back for the nice people. I've enjoyed posting and sharing and being part of this community here at Akiba for a couple of years now, and I don't wish to give that up simply because of mean people.

So, I guess I'm back (still not sure). But I must say, I miss the likes of daredemonai and aqua2213 and many other mostly friendly members who have stopped posting recently.

Uh oh, somebody go call the...
wahmbulance.jpg

Hehe just kidding.

Seriously though, with the JIC in particular, there have been a lot of newcomers who have joined AO with the wrong impression of what the JI scene (in Japan) is about -- no doubt because of the increase of extremely risque videos, lowering the standards for the models, etc.

For long time members who wax nostalgic for the more innocent days of JI, and who have seen the darker side of it, it's only natural that they become cynical. So you either leave before it gets the better of you (like daredemonai, aqua2213 et al), or you stay and take out your misgivings on teh noobs.

Of course not knowing that Miho and Kako have stopped modeling is more than understandable. But there is no shortage of really unnecessary comments or misinterpretations of topics (which girl do you want to see go into AV, all non-sexual nudity is legal, requesting or wishing someone would post more risque content, and so on).

So in fighting the good fight against the degeneration of the forum (assuming that's the right thing to do), there's always going to be some collateral damage.