Maybe I'm blond?

Adilaris

Apr 30, 2009
probably not the right forum for this but...

I've downloaded a handful of mangas, but their all password protected and and I can't seem to figure out what it is.
Suggestions?
:puzzled:

soletta

Mar 23, 2007
I would suggest that the fastest solution is actually to redownload un-password protected versions. Seriously. The last time I ran into a similar problem I found this solution to be fastest.

Otherwise you can try googling for the exact filenames if the archives are of some rare manga scans, and hit the different forums to try and see which have passwords.

I highly recommend not bothering with archive password cracking programs.

Adilaris

Apr 30, 2009
I would suggest that the fastest solution is actually to redownload un-password protected versions. Seriously. The last time I ran into a similar problem I found this solution to be fastest.

Otherwise you can try googling for the exact filenames if the archives are of some rare manga scans, and hit the different forums to try and see which have passwords.

I highly recommend not bothering with archive password cracking programs.

Even though they were from this site?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
There are some threads on AO where the password is present at the top of the thread, in the first post.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Use the Search feature to your advantage! :) CLICK HERE TO OPEN THE ADVANCED SEARCH FEATURE!

If you got it from a thread here, then what you do is:
* tell it to search for the word "pass" -OR- "password"
* tell it to return hits as POSTS, not as threads, by clicking the appropriate radio button
* tell it to look only for posts written by the guy who uploaded the file/torrent
* tell it to look only for posts submitted starting with when the thread was posted and going forward from there. Don't tell it when to stop in case the password was uploaded much later, as sometimes passwords have been uploaded 1-2 weeks after the torrent went up. :\

This should help you determine whether the password is available on Akiba-Online or is not.

Otherwise, I very much agree with soletta.