Manga Recommendations.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

RiderFan

Your fetish friend.
Sep 27, 2008
Are you looking for a certain type of manga? Then describe the situation you want to read/characters you want to see and we will try to help you.

alim

Jun 13, 2008
I'm looking for a coming of age series, learning and finding out about lives relations. I don't want a boy to be the main character. I'd rather read a shorter series than a longer never ending one. I'm more interested in the store, I don't mind sex in the plot but it can't be the main drive of the story. I would like to read about about self discovery.

malmal1

Feb 2, 2014
"Thus the JSDF Fought There!" or "Gate - Jietai Kare no Chi nite, Kaku Tatakeri Manga."

The premise is a portal opened in Tokyo leading to a fantasy land. It focuses on a certain 2nd-lt of the JSDF who was sent there as part of the exploratory contingent. The strongest aspect of the manga is story unfolds in a realistic manner. If a gate to a fantasy world were to suddenly open in our world, I can realistically imagine this is how events would unfold.

This manga would win the award for the most unlikely combination of subjects on a page.

- An F4 Phantom next to a panel with an Elf girl waking up from a nightmare? Check
mXuyEAAm.jpg

- Modern artillery vs the Lannisters? Check (this turns out exactly like how you imagine it would, poor knights)
FL6TqIm.jpg

- US president and politicians being their greedy self, plotting to take control of the gate and the resources beyond. CHECK
ERrTheXm.jpg

- A 700 yr old goddess of war who has the appearance of a loli wielding a great axe, appearing in japanese parliament being asked how old she is? Check.

- A battle between a 700 yr old immortal loli goddess of war against a US navy seals fireteam? CHECK! (This turns out exactly how you imagine it would. Poor soldiers.)

- A princess of such fantastical world, being sent to Japan as an ambassador, and her reaction on first encountering a BL doujin? CHEEECK (this turns out exactly like how you imagine it would. poor princess)

BTW, don't watch the anime. I hear it's a bomb.

---

And I leave you with this

nsend5jl.jpg

rDG0aYml.jpg

Last edited: