#lamonae is recruiting

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Has some of you know already, the #lamonae team is doing fansubs of the Cream Lemon series since 2006.
Since last Christmas, our translator did know show much motivation (at least he didn't show up very often).
So we are stuck at the moment with 13 episodes subbed. Out of 39 :defeat:

Also our QC guy is missing in action.

So we are looking for 2 positions:

1/ A japanese-english translator

If you like hentai oldies, have a good knowledge of japanese (written and spoken), and are motivated for a long-term activity, please apply.
The first task would be to correct and complete the scripts of episodes 14-16 that we have. So you will not start from scratch.

2/ A Quality Checker

If you have a very good knowledge of english grammar and spelling, please apply too. Native speakers are highly appreciated.

Applications can be done in this thread or at the #lamonae channel (#lamonae@irc.rizon.net), me and ics- (the channel boss) are waiting for you. :perfectplan:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I´m fitting to neither of both positions.

At least I hope that the subbing of the still not subbed episodes will continue (sometime)...

To be honest, Cream Lemon is the only series I did not watch completely yet, I often planned to do, but was always busy otherwise...

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I do not like old hentai. Sorry. I would not be a very good translator anyway. Good luck finding a good TL!

thatasiandude

Jul 28, 2009
If you don't mind someone who may be unavailable at times, I wouldn't mind doing grammar checks and such. While I'm not the most proficient English speaker/writer, I would be willing to fill in.

I'd like to know more about what you'd be asking of a "quality checker," though!

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
A "quality checker" corrects the mistakes on spelling, typos, grammar and verbs, that the translator may have done on his english script. He makes sure that the sentences make sense.
That's what I believe such guy should be able to do.

It's not important to be "online" all the time, but it must be on a regular basis, and also for a rather long period of time, we have still a lot to do.

I think you should join our IRC channel for more discussion, because this would be the main place for communication of the work & progress.

PS: and a little game for the wanna-be translator. I have a short text extracted from episode 00 (the "original" version of part 1 & 2), that introduces each half-episode.

For part 1:
幼ない頃から, 兄妹として育てられた
亜美ヒロシ.
しかし, ニ人は本当の兄妹ではなかった
今, 燃えあがる情炎の炎....

For part 2:
厳格なカトリック系女学院に
繰りひろばられる淫虐のフェスタ.
転入生リエをめぐるナオミお姉様と
同級生ミドリの執拗なる愛撫の嵐...

I indicate names in red. If someone is able to translate this text, we are also interested

roceil123

May 20, 2008
Do you have a DL to your anime? I don't mind watching it and make comments about the subs.

roceil123

May 20, 2008
Scratch that i mean where can i watch this anime?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

roceil123

May 20, 2008
I mean all the subed eps w/c you guys want us to check for typos,grammar etc.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
But they are not avalaible yet !
We're not going to release unfinished scripts...
I don't have them myself anyway.
Please come to our IRC channel if you want to help.

The most important is to find a new translator. Without him we'll not get very far.

roceil123

May 20, 2008
OuchX D wish i could help w/ the trans but i can't understand japanese nor write hehehe.
Hmm Just give a heads up if you guys want to check your grammar or type etc. I'll be willing to give you guys a hand o that department.