Kanji question

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
So a general question about language studies resources.

I was wondering if someone has a link or a list somewhere over the joyo kanji and other info for the 4 JLPT tests, or more accurately a list of kanji and kana by age/edu year one can obtain free of charge some where?

I have the monash dictionary and all possible files already, but it would be fun to see them categorized in order of educational level appearance.

Any other language study resources are always interesting, like good online training with verb lists and so on.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
If you have an iPhone, I heartily recommend downloading the WWWJDIC app called "Kotoba." It is a free application updated fairly regularly. It is excellent. And as of an update several months ago, it now lets you look at kanji by Joyo levels. Enjoy!

If you do not have an iPhone, I would still investigate if you can find a way to access this app via iTunes. No clue about that, though. :\

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
Here you go, the current official list of required kanji, classified by school grade (elementary school):
Code:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%AD%A6%E5%B9%B4%E5%88%A5%E6%BC%A2%E5%AD%97%E9%85%8D%E5%BD%93%E8%A1%A8

For more advanced levels, you'll want to search for 日本漢字能力検定 (Japanese Kanji Proficiency Certification), which splits up kanji testing into 10 levels:
Levels 10-5 for elementary grades 1-6
Levels 4-3 for middle school grades 1-3
Level 2 (and a "semi" level 2) for high school
Level 1 (and a "semi" level 1) for university

Sofer

Nov 18, 2009
:study:

Thank's for the Link. Sure helpfull a bit.
If my japanese reachs someday the level of my english.. :notagain:
(What is a bit shaby.. most times xD)

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thank you for the link Guy, my first attempt has gone belly up, maybe because I did not read the question fully, but still I will try