JavLuv JAV Browser

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
On another tangent... It would be nice if uncensored was offered as a search field in the dropdown menu. Or even, better, have some visual identifier when scrolling.
Yeah, I've been considering how to add custom tags to movies. In the meantime, you can just add your custom tags to the genre or notes field, since those are both searchable. I do this with watermarked videos so I can keep an eye out for clean replacements.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Hi.
I think i must be quite stupid as i simply cant get it to work on Kodi. I want to see the Movie name, the full cover and the movie description. Also the subtitles should load automatic if I have any. In the moment i just see a thumb of the movie, the movie name i cant see anywhere. Is there anywhere a more detailed setup how to do with pictures.

It's not just you. Kodi seems very particular about how things are placed and named. I had a hard time getting things to work when I briefly tested them out as well. Try search for the particular naming convention it expects... I know the default values don't work. It's been a few years, so I don't quite remember myself.

Kodi won't show the metadata unless the movies are added to its library and you're using the library to browse them.
So basically, you have to add your JAV folder as a movie source and then browse the movies section so all the information can be shown.

The way libraries work in kodi has been a problem for me for the past 2 decades and I haven't found a way around it yet. Even the emby plugin for kodi that bypasses the kodi library is forced to use the library views to properly display the info.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Kodi won't show the metadata unless the movies are added to its library and you're using the library to browse them.
So basically, you have to add your JAV folder as a movie source and then browse the movies section so all the information can be shown.

The way libraries work in kodi has been a problem for me for the past 2 decades and I haven't found a way around it yet. Even the emby plugin for kodi that bypasses the kodi library is forced to use the library views to properly display the info.
Thanks, i have been using it now a bit with kodi but I cant say I am getting any further. Is there another media player what works better with Javluv than Kodi ? But must be for android as this is my tvbox I use.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Hi. I now got kodi to work more or less, i still cant find the actresses thumbnails in the movie folder and i cant see it where to specie it in JavLuv settings.
Is it correct that Javluv only scrapes for the Cover picture? cant it be set to scrape for other types ?
I read in wiki for kodi. For actresses The files are named as <FirstName>_<LastName>.jpg and are saved in the dedicated .actors folder in the movie folder and tv show folder. How would i set this up ?

Last edited:

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi. I now got kodi to work more or less, i still cant find the actresses thumbnails in the movie folder and i cant see it where to specie it in JavLuv settings.
Is it correct that Javluv only scrapes for the Cover picture? cant it be set to scrape for other types ?
I read in wiki for kodi. For actresses The files are named as <FirstName>_<LastName>.jpg and are saved in the dedicated .actors folder in the movie folder and tv show folder. How would i set this up ?

Ah, yeah... I kind of remember this problem from when I was messing around with Kodi myself. So, actress images are stored centrally in the JavLuv settings folder, to avoid redundant storage, and for editing (like adding alternate images of the actress. However, Kodi seems to expect the actor filename to be local, and stored in the same folder as the movies, or maybe in a fixed sub-folter... I forget which exactly, but it's kind of picky about that.

At the moment, there's no way for JavLuv to do this. Could it be done? Yeah, I think so. I mean, I was pretty careful to make sure the movie metadata file followed the Koki format. I'd need to add some sort of "Koki mode" that would apply some special rules for actresses, or something like that. Will that be done? Unfortunately, I haven't had much spare time to add new features over the past year, except very basic maintenance and bug fixes. It would certainly be cool to offer actual compatibility with the Kodi app, but I really can't promise any timeline for this.

Another issue II remember is that Kodi expects a description for the movie to display fairly prominently, and unfortunately, none of the scraping sites I use consistent have anything of the sort to scrape. So, I ended up using the movie description field as 'Notes". It's going to leave a fairly large blank spot when displaying movies in Kodi, but I don't think there's much I can do about this.

I've added an issue in GitHub to track this feature request:

Last edited:

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Ah, yeah... I kind of remember this problem from when I was messing around with Kodi myself. So, actress images are stored centrally in the JavLuv settings folder, to avoid redundant storage, and for editing (like adding alternate images of the actress. However, Kodi seems to expect the actor filename to be local, and stored in the same folder as the movies, or maybe in a fixed sub-folter... I forget which exactly, but it's kind of picky about that.

At the moment, there's no way for JavLuv to do this. Could it be done? Yeah, I think so. I mean, I was pretty careful to make sure the movie metadata file followed the Koki format. I'd need to add some sort of "Koki mode" that would apply some special rules for actresses, or something like that. Will that be done? Unfortunately, I haven't had much spare time to add new features over the past year, except very basic maintenance and bug fixes. It would certainly be cool to offer actual compatibility with the Kodi app, but I really can't promise any timeline for this.

Another issue II remember is that Kodi expects a description for the movie to display fairly prominently, and unfortunately, none of the scraping sites I use consistent have anything of the sort to scrape. So, I ended up using the movie description field as 'Notes". It's going to leave a fairly large blank spot when displaying movies in Kodi, but I don't think there's much I can do about this.

I've added an issue in GitHub to track this feature request:
Thank you very much anyway, at least you gave a reply :)

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I have a general question. When I'm importing new movies, JavLuv will ask me if I wish to overwrite another version of the movie, often stored in another folder. Obviously, I have a bunch of duplicates. It takes quite a while to import as a result, since as many as 50 queries are made. Some I wish to keep since one might be uncensored and the other have hard subtitles. So my questions are: 1) Do you know of a utility that will allow me to weed out the dupes (or could you add a utility to JavLuv?); 2) how can I make it easy to keep multiple versions of a movie?

Thanks and I really like JavLuv!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I have a general question. When I'm importing new movies, JavLuv will ask me if I wish to overwrite another version of the movie, often stored in another folder. Obviously, I have a bunch of duplicates. It takes quite a while to import as a result, since as many as 50 queries are made. Some I wish to keep since one might be uncensored and the other have hard subtitles. So my questions are: 1) Do you know of a utility that will allow me to weed out the dupes (or could you add a utility to JavLuv?); 2) how can I make it easy to keep multiple versions of a movie?

Thanks and I really like JavLuv!

So, do you import movies by adding them to your collection, then re-scanning everything? Does that end up asking you about existing duplicates instead of only new movies? If so, that's not the intended behavior. Fixing this may just be a bug fix.

I may not have noticed this because I never work that way. I always import from a new folder, and use automatic naming rules to move/rename the movie to it's new location. I don't generally keep duplicates in my correction either. In the rare case I do, I store one of them as an excluded movie that's stored in the same folder as the "main" movie.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
So, do you import movies by adding them to your collection, then re-scanning everything? Does that end up asking you about existing duplicates instead of only new movies? If so, that's not the intended behavior. Fixing this may just be a bug fix.

I may not have noticed this because I never work that way. I always import from a new folder, and use automatic naming rules to move/rename the movie to it's new location. I don't generally keep duplicates in my correction either. In the rare case I do, I store one of them as an excluded movie that's stored in the same folder as the "main" movie.
I move new movies to a folder titled "New Movies" and then scan that folder. It asks for existing duplicates when I scan. What do you mean by "use automatic naming rules"?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I move new movies to a folder titled "New Movies" and then scan that folder. It asks for existing duplicates when I scan. What do you mean by "use automatic naming rules"?

Hmm, so just the duplicates in "New Movies" plus other folders then? Okay, that's working as expected then. You can just turn off that check though, and instead of asking, it will just report any duplicates as failed imports, so won't wasted time asking. It's the third checkbox down in the Scan Movies dialog box.

JavLub has a feature to automatically organize your collection by renaming and sorting all movies into a structure and naming scheme of your choice. It's all explained here:

Last edited:

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Hi.
What is the difference with Copy or Move in the Subtitle sorting window ? i cant find it in the wiki.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hi.
What is the difference with Copy or Move in the Subtitle sorting window ? i cant find it in the wiki.

It's describing what will happen to the subtitle files between the import and export folders. Copy will copy the files (leaving all importing files in the import folders as is), while move will move the files (leaving behind duplicates).

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Ok thanks. so the export folder is the folder with the unsorted files and import is the folder what javluv creates the sorted forlders ?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Ok thanks. so the export folder is the folder with the unsorted files and import is the folder what javluv creates the sorted forlders ?

No, opposite of that. Import is what's coming in (unsorted subtitles), Export is what JavLuv creates (sorted, organized collection).

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
20231221_110107.jpgi cant see the video name anywhere in kodi.17033935339997170416752383264357.jpg Only when i open the little download subtitle box i see the dvd-id name. How shal i set in settings to see this name as the first infront of the describtion.

Attachments

• 17033937565865547810663220598946.jpg
    17033937565865547810663220598946.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 25

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
View attachment 3396881i cant see the video name anywhere in kodi.View attachment 3396889 Only when i open the little download subtitle box i see the dvd-id name. How shal i set in settings to see this name as the first infront of the describtion.

Sorry, I don't know much about how to work with Kodi. Maybe at some point I'll get a bit more familiar, and perhaps make some sort of Kodi-friendly preset or something.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
How to clean cashes and restart ? I have got so many now with up to 7 folders with the same name so i need to start from scratch.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
How to clean cashes and restart ? I have got so many now with up to 7 folders with the same name so i need to start from scratch.

In JavLuv or Kodi? With Kodi, no clue, but I definitely remember something like that from when I was screwing around with it a couple of years ago. If you mean in JavLuv, you'll have to explain a bit more.

Fetterbr

Dec 10, 2010
Yes in Javluv. I am not sure how it ends up like this bit i got so many folders with same name just with 1 to 7 in the end. I was thinking i have read somewhere there was a clean up or clean cashe buttom some where so to start from beginning. Now i just deleted all the folders in C:\Users\crist\AppData\Local\JavLuv what did the job but i have to download all the meta data again so i was thinking there must be a more clever way to clean up.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yes in Javluv. I am not sure how it ends up like this bit i got so many folders with same name just with 1 to 7 in the end. I was thinking i have read somewhere there was a clean up or clean cashe buttom some where so to start from beginning. Now i just deleted all the folders in C:\Users\crist\AppData\Local\JavLuv what did the job but i have to download all the meta data again so i was thinking there must be a more clever way to clean up.

Yeah, I actually removed the "Delete cache" button because it doesn't make as much sense to do that now. What used to be the cache file is now the authoritative movie metadata Also, when you delete that folder, you delete your Actress database, for instance, and it has to be deconstructed. If you had spent a lot of time cleaning that up, you'd lose all those changes.

I'm curious about those duplicate folders... Are most of them empty, or do they have the same movie in it? I'm not sure how to recommend to clean that up if I don't know why it got that way. Numbered folders will occur if a folder exists already during the automatic move/rename, but unless there are actual duplicates, I don't know offhand how to explain that.