JavLuv JAV Browser

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
(Unknown) is only supposed to be used if there isn't a valid date. Can you check to make sure that movie has a correct release date on the movie detail page?
I also have loads of these. I found selecting them all and rescanning fixed a lot of them as, like you told me, one of the old scrapers wasnt working right but.....
Its still doing it on many of the files and the release date is present. I can post you screen shots if you need them.

Note: If anyone has done a rating or change the .nfo or any info about the movie in Javluv then it will be over written. What I did is filter via Ticked - Unrated also and then do all the non rated ones in one go then do all the rated ones on a visual scan basis, pain but works.

Note also that if you have multiple drives and a few drives are offline, Jav luv will show a Thumbnail most time but if the file is offline then it will show as [???-1]

Last edited:
Reactions: kakarotd7

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
I also have loads of these. I found selecting them all and rescanning fixed a lot of them as, like you told me, one of the old scrapers wasnt working right but.....
Its still doing it on many of the files and the release date is present. I can post you screen shots if you need them.

Note: If anyone has done a rating or change the .nfo or any info about the movie in Javluv then it will be over written. What I did is filter via Ticked - Unrated also and then do all the non rated ones in one go then do all the rated ones on a visual scan basis, pain but works.

Note also that if you have multiple drives and a few drives are offline, Jav luv will show a Thumbnail most time but if the file is offline then it will show as [???-1]

Well, that's rather mysterious. If you sort by date (oldest or newest), do those movies sort correctly? The dates need to be in YYYY-MM-DD format.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
On different point, this is what I had difficulty for when checking movies in different drives, a few the thumbnails won't show up and the covers are not showing at all.
@TmpGuy Are these cover images possible to be saved locally or internally? So we can check the thumbnail and covers without the need of the drives, but of course we can't play the movies. I know that few of the thumbnails are saved in cache, but I think it cannot cover all thumbnail in Javluv.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
On different point, this is what I had difficulty for when checking movies in different drives, a few the thumbnails won't show up and the covers are not showing at all.
@TmpGuy Are these cover images possible to be saved locally or internally? So we can check the thumbnail and covers without the need of the drives, but of course we can't play the movies. I know that few of the thumbnails are saved in cache, but I think it cannot cover all thumbnail in Javluv.

Thumbnails are cached locally, but you have to generate them when the covers are available. I've seen some edge cases where thumbnails don't seem to get stored for some reason. In most cases, this means they are just regenerated on demand. I'll look into why this is happening.

I've got a very old to-do item to store .nfo and cover files locally, creating "clean" movie folders, but not sure when I'll have time to get to it. For the time being, covers have to be stored alongside the movies.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
this is very off topic /

i see you kind of lesbien movies right ?

can you give some magna ( cartoon ) title or keyword

about " 2 lesbiens have sex 1 simple man "

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
Well, that's rather mysterious. If you sort by date (oldest or newest), do those movies sort correctly? The dates need to be in YYYY-MM-DD format.
Yeah they do eventually show but at the top will be a load with no dates. Im not home at the moment or I would post a screenshot. Its not a huge issue for me but maybe for others who use the feature a lot. Edit: Forgot to say that manually adding them will correct the date in most cases but they still tend to show as [Unknown]

Ill be home in a few days so I can send you some .nfo files to check or screen shots if you like.

Reactions: TmpGuy

Moxy

JAV Archiever
Dec 22, 2009
So regards the missing dates. Ive done a lot of digging and its hit and miss at the moment with what works with a rescan and what doesnt. Some Screens.

So from Screenshot 2, all files are offline except the one indicated. Screen 01 shows its present and the dates are in the correct format. Now if I regenerate meta data then it corrects but its hit and miss if this works (Screen 3) but its weird as all these are offline except the highlighted one I just rescanned, some show dates, some do not. I have several times regen'ed all files to no avail other than the odd one may work as this one clearly did.

If you want .nfo or anything else then I can post it. I dont use the feature a lot but I know other do so hope it helps, maybe not.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 093711.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 093711.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 92
  • Screenshot 2023-10-10 093849.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 093849.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 91
  • Screenshot 2023-10-10 094400.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 094400.png
    1 MB · Views: 93

maload

Jul 1, 2008
so where the program download the data from ??/

i always goto javlibrary and sometime javluv use the other name for the same actress

such as .... javlibrary (Aozora_Hikari ) but the javluv ( hikari aozora)

so i want to know which website that javluv download data from

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
So regards the missing dates. Ive done a lot of digging and its hit and miss at the moment with what works with a rescan and what doesnt. Some Screens.

So from Screenshot 2, all files are offline except the one indicated. Screen 01 shows its present and the dates are in the correct format. Now if I regenerate meta data then it corrects but its hit and miss if this works (Screen 3) but its weird as all these are offline except the highlighted one I just rescanned, some show dates, some do not. I have several times regen'ed all files to no avail other than the odd one may work as this one clearly did.

If you want .nfo or anything else then I can post it. I dont use the feature a lot but I know other do so hope it helps, maybe not.

Ah, I see. So, "recently added" doesn't use release date. What you can do to reset this is the following:
* Go into Settings and disable "Automatically restore metadata from backup"
* Make sure "Show Advanced options" in setting is checked
* Right-click and select "Regenerate metadata" for the affected movies

This should reset the "Added date" to the current date.

Let me know if this works.

Reactions: Moxy

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
so where the program download the data from ??/

i always goto javlibrary and sometime javluv use the other name for the same actress

such as .... javlibrary (Aozora_Hikari ) but the javluv ( hikari aozora)

so i want to know which website that javluv download data from

For movie metadata, JavLuv scrapes:
* JavLibrary
* JavDatabase
* JavRaveClub
* JaveGuru
* JavLand
* JavSeenTv
* JavBus

For actresses:
* JavDatabase
* JavModel
* JavBody
* JavRaveClub

maload

Jul 1, 2008
For movie metadata, JavLuv scrapes:
* JavLibrary
* JavDatabase
* JavRaveClub
* JaveGuru
* JavLand
* JavSeenTv
* JavBus

For actresses:
* JavDatabase
* JavModel
* JavBody
* JavRaveClub
thankyou

le_cee

Aug 29, 2021
Hello,

I have JAVs that are not recognized, mainly Uncensored ones like Sky Angel Blue and others like Carribbean. Can we successfully add files manually when JavLuv cannot detect them?

Thanks in advance !

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hello,

I have JAVs that are not recognized, mainly Uncensored ones like Sky Angel Blue and others like Carribbean. Can we successfully add files manually when JavLuv cannot detect them?

Thanks in advance !
Yes, all the fields in the detail view can be manually edited. But you need to make sure that option is checked in settings. It's under Scanning, called "Generate metadata from local files if no online resources are found"

Note: I'm hoping to add Carribbean and other specialty brand support at some point.

le_cee

Aug 29, 2021
Oh yes great, thank you!

Another quick question: can we make a backup of our library? So if we reinstall Windows, we can recover our entire library without having to import the files again, and especially the most important, with the images we put and the covers?

Besides, it was you TmpGuy who created the software?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Oh yes great, thank you!

Another quick question: can we make a backup of our library? So if we reinstall Windows, we can recover our entire library without having to import the files again, and especially the most important, with the images we put and the covers?

Besides, it was you TmpGuy who created the software?

There isn't a simple backup method. Previously, it was designed such that the .nfo files were all you needed to re-constitute your collection just by re-scanning. but then I added support for actresses. Best you can do is go to the /Users/username/AppData/Local/JavLuv and copy and zip up everything in that folder. I kind of figure the movies and covers are your responsibility to back up. This is something I'd like to improve.

And yeah, I'm the one who created and maintains the software. I wrote it because there weren't any simple options for managing a JAV library, and just wanted one myself. Later, decided to share it, and made it free and open source on GitHub: https://github.com/JavLuv/JavLuv. I haven't had time to work on it as much lately, but it seems like it's a reasonably stable place at least.

le_cee

Aug 29, 2021
Oh yes I understand !
I'll try your tip next time I need to reinstall Windows.

Frankly, what you did with this software is seriously heavy! I agree 100%. It's crazy how well done it is and how he knows almost everything!!

dud

Mar 22, 2007
How can I fix this duplicate actress name? Tried to update actress and regenerate metadata.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    749.6 KB · Views: 63

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
How can I fix this duplicate actress name? Tried to update actress and regenerate metadata.

If you select both actress' names in the actress view, you can right-click and merge the names. You can choose which name is the primary name, and the duplicate name will be listed under alternative names.

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
Yes, all the fields in the detail view can be manually edited. But you need to make sure that option is checked in settings. It's under Scanning, called "Generate metadata from local files if no online resources are found"

Note: I'm hoping to add Carribbean and other specialty brand support at some point.
I notice that files such as FC2PPV do not seem to be supported as import files. Is this on your list as well?