JavLuv JAV Browser

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
One case where you'd potentially want both is if the watermarked version is of higher quality. A watermarked 1080p vs a clean 480p for example.
Oh, yeah, tough call there. Third-party watermarks are the devil, but I also prefer HD movies.

Makes sense, I'd make the same assumption for a filename. My bad for not knowing enough about the app.
No worries! The terminology is sort of confusing.

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
Release date isn't supported as a metadata token, but release year is. You can substitute {YEAR} and it should work, although obviously just the year, not the complete date.

If you're interested in using the full date instead, let me know and I can add that to the to-do list.

Yes, that would be GREAT! Thanks's so much!

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Yo, this would solve literally everything I do, seriously.

I do everything in stages, this option I can just take out the movies I don't want and rescan like you said to add to the collection flawlessly.

Youre program is awesome regardless if you do this or not. Thanks for everything you do.

"Add to collection" is now an option in the Scan dialog.

Yes, that would be GREAT! Thanks's so much!

{RELEASE_DATE} is supported in automatic move / rename functionality.

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
H again, guys. I'm back. The date feature works PERFECTLY! Thanks again! I noticed Javluv also adds cover at? Is there a function that I can add that also gets "folder" or "thumbnail" art? A folder preview, I mean. I manually downloaded them for the first two movies on the list, and you can see how it makes finding the movies even easier. Or if the feature is available, how do i turn it on? Sorry if I'm asking for too much.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-24 085003.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-09-24 085003.jpg
    506.7 KB · Views: 72

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Anyhow, thanks for the input. I'll keep pondering this potential feature.

One thing you could consider doing would be user definable categories based on user definable specific criteria(either with specific templates or a set list of them or a mix of the 2 like some technical info grabbing and custom text from the filename).

Would be the best way I can think of to implement automatic multi-file sorting but definitely not the easiest way to implement that and I don't know how useful your users would find it so might not be worth the trouble of something that detailed.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
One thing you could consider doing would be user definable categories based on user definable specific criteria(either with specific templates or a set list of them or a mix of the 2 like some technical info grabbing and custom text from the filename).

Would be the best way I can think of to implement automatic multi-file sorting but definitely not the easiest way to implement that and I don't know how useful your users would find it so might not be worth the trouble of something that detailed.

Yeah, been pondering that. I mean, I already have user-definable categories on a per ID basis (that's essentially what the Genre field is), so I'd be adding them on a per movie file basis. It's conceptually pretty simple, but would be a pretty complex feature to add. Still, it could be pretty powerful, and would let people store more complex sets of multiple movies per ID than they do now.

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
H again, guys. I'm back. The date feature works PERFECTLY! Thanks again! I noticed Javluv also adds cover at? Is there a function that I can add that also gets "folder" or "thumbnail" art? A folder preview, I mean. I manually downloaded them for the first two movies on the list, and you can see how it makes finding the movies even easier. Or if the feature is available, how do i turn it on? Sorry if I'm asking for too much.

Can anyone help with steps on what I need to tick or untick to download the folder preview/thumbnail, please?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013

JavLuv will automatically attempt to download cover art when scanning for new movies. New preview/thumbnail art is up to you to generate or download. By default (you can change this in Settings), if it sees a movie ID + the name "preview / screenshot", etc in the name of an image, it recognizes that as a thumbnail image and will manage that image as appropriate. JavLuv doesn't actually use those thumbnail images anywhere, but it manages them because I figure some people collect those as well.

As for images showing up in folders previews. I think that's just something Windows does automatically if images are found inside the folder. That being said, it seems sort of arbitrary about what it shows. On my system, it often seems to want to show the .nfo file, which is kind of lame.

That being said, there are a whole lot of vastly better ways for search for movies inside JavLuv once you get your collection scanned. I rarely if ever browse in Explorer anymore, except for occasional maintenance.

Reactions: kakarotd7

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
JavLuv will automatically attempt to download cover art when scanning for new movies. New preview/thumbnail art is up to you to generate or download. By default (you can change this in Settings), if it sees a movie ID + the name "preview / screenshot", etc in the name of an image, it recognizes that as a thumbnail image and will manage that image as appropriate. JavLuv doesn't actually use those thumbnail images anywhere, but it manages them because I figure some people collect those as well.

As for images showing up in folders previews. I think that's just something Windows does automatically if images are found inside the folder. That being said, it seems sort of arbitrary about what it shows. On my system, it often seems to want to show the .nfo file, which is kind of lame.

That being said, there are a whole lot of vastly better ways for search for movies inside JavLuv once you get your collection scanned. I rarely if ever browse in Explorer anymore, except for occasional maintenance.

Hello. Thanks! I'll take a look at what you said. But for me, searching for movies via Explorer is more convenient for a few reasons. I actually only need to use Javluv to rename the files and generate folder previews. As for what you said about images showing up in previews, Windows doesn't always do that.

As you can see from my screenshot, it's not showing the previews. So you have to get the image and rename it to "folder" before Windows displays it, as you see in the aforementioned screenshot. I have no idea why.

I'll fiddle with the settings and see if there's a way I can generate folder previews an not just covers or backdrops.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If you don't have an image file named "folder", it'll pick one or 2(only on win 10 from the look of your screenshot which only has 1) other files at kinda random(seems to completely ignore media files) and display the icon for those. Looking at your screenshot, I'm assuming it's picking up the nfo file icon except for the first 2.

You'd need either a copy of the cover or/and a rename option for them to make it work as a preview.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
I'll fiddle with the settings and see if there's a way I can generate folder previews an not just covers or backdrops.

1695615109866.png

I had no idea this was a feature in Windows. Just tried this, and all the folders now have the cover image in the preview. It doesn't appear to support webp images though, which JavLuv does occasionally use if that's the best quality image it can find online.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
i found this error when i try new version

but its happen only 1 time .and now the program work fine

Attachments

• qqqqq.jpg
    qqqqq.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 45

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
If you don't have an image file named "folder", it'll pick one or 2(only on win 10 from the look of your screenshot which only has 1) other files at kinda random(seems to completely ignore media files) and display the icon for those. Looking at your screenshot, I'm assuming it's picking up the nfo file icon except for the first 2.

You'd need either a copy of the cover or/and a rename option for them to make it work as a preview.

Yes, you're right. Let me try this then

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015
View attachment 3328417

I had no idea this was a feature in Windows. Just tried this, and all the folders now have the cover image in the preview. It doesn't appear to support webp images though, which JavLuv does occasionally use if that's the best quality image it can find online.

I found out Windows had this feature a few years back when I was using Media Center Master to scrape files, lol. It's a pretty neat feature.

lock_on

Jan 22, 2023
Hello. Thanks! I'll take a look at what you said. But for me, searching for movies via Explorer is more convenient for a few reasons. I actually only need to use Javluv to rename the files and generate folder previews. As for what you said about images showing up in previews, Windows doesn't always do that.

As you can see from my screenshot, it's not showing the previews. So you have to get the image and rename it to "folder" before Windows displays it, as you see in the aforementioned screenshot. I have no idea why.

In my opinion, searching a movie from Javluv is even more convenient than the Explorer, you already have the thumbnail of the movie, and you can also sort it by release date and many other. I think it's also faster than using search bar from Explorer.

@TmpGuy can you elaborate more on this function? I still don't get its function. If I want to use it normally, I should check it right? But what happen if I don't check it when scanning movies?

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
@TmpGuy can you elaborate more on this function? I still don't get its function. If I want to use it normally, I should check it right? But what happen if I don't check it when scanning movies?

Yes, most people will want to leave this checked (the default). A user expressed a desire to use the scraping / downloading / renaming functionality separately without necessarily changing what's in the collection, and this enables JavLuv to work a bit more flexibly. If you leave this unchecked, you won't see the newly scanned movies appear in your collection.

Reactions: mei2 and lock_on

kakarotd7

Sep 29, 2015

{RELEASE_DATE} is supported in automatic move / rename functionality.

Hello. Is the RELEASE DATE feature still working fine? I now get this "unknown" message anytime I try to rename a file's date. For example:

((Unknown)) [AGEMIX-274] All Fours Women Show A Dependent In A Posture To Blow

It used to work perfectly fine. I'm unsure what happened.

TmpGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Hello. Is the RELEASE DATE feature still working fine? I now get this "unknown" message anytime I try to rename a file's date. For example:

((Unknown)) [AGEMIX-274] All Fours Women Show A Dependent In A Posture To Blow

It used to work perfectly fine. I'm unsure what happened.

(Unknown) is only supposed to be used if there isn't a valid date. Can you check to make sure that movie has a correct release date on the movie detail page?