JAV Hooked But Starting Over?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I have TWICE gotten to a point in my JAV loving career that I thought, You know...I'm downloading all this and I hardly get a chance to watch anything! I've deleted GIGS of stuff. Purged my hard drives. Just to get interested again and start over. That was before HD content. I don't think I could bare doing that again...at least I hope I don't.

Anyone else dump it all for one reason or another and are back on it??

Aug 25, 2010
Never. Why delete it? Just don't get more if you don't want more. Especially considering that anything from a few years earlier and before is incredibly hard to find. I went to over 28 different stores in Japan and DMM and still couldn't find something I had been looking for!

walpola

Jan 22, 2013
I haven't done a full purge but I have deleted certain films that I now wish I hadn't. The reason I did it was because it might be a two/three hour long title with only one scene that I liked and it was a pain sometimes to get straight to what I actually want to watch.

That was before I knew how to edit video of course! Thanks to SamKook I now know how easy is it so I have spent the last week going through my collection which was a moderate 98GB and I now have a collection of only the actual scenes I really like which is now 27GB.

I wish I had always done this as there are about five or six scenes I can think of, probably many more, that I would really love to see again and I either cannot remember the ID or actress name or I just cannot find the title anywhere.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
It was a weird decision, I know. I can be a real all-or-nothing kind of guy. Sucks at times.

Never. Why delete it? Just don't get more if you don't want more. Especially considering that anything from a few years earlier and before is incredibly hard to find. I went to over 28 different stores in Japan and DMM and still couldn't find something I had been looking for!

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I REALLY like when I'm lucky enough to find a post that has scenes separated. That way I can tell by looking at the screenshots which scenes would interest me. Better to download 200MB instead of 1.2GB for one scene, am I right?

I sometimes wish that was a standard.

Do yourself a favor if you haven't tried this! Grab one of your smallest sized scenes or make a small clip (just so you can quickly see what I mean) and give it the 60fps treatment. You won't regret it. Just if you think about it. I just like spreading the word on how awesome things can look.

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284957

I haven't done a full purge but I have deleted certain films that I now wish I hadn't. The reason I did it was because it might be a two/three hour long title with only one scene that I liked and it was a pain sometimes to get straight to what I actually want to watch.

That was before I knew how to edit video of course! Thanks to SamKook I now know how easy is it so I have spent the last week going through my collection which was a moderate 98GB and I now have a collection of only the actual scenes I really like which is now 27GB.

I wish I had always done this as there are about five or six scenes I can think of, probably many more, that I would really love to see again and I either cannot remember the ID or actress name or I just cannot find the title anywhere.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
WOW! Just checked because I hadn't, I've only been stockpiling! I have a 2TB external HDD that so far has 919GB of HD JAV content (1080p, 720p), both censored and uncensored. :exhausted::scared:

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
I have a 2 tb drive. I only dl the smallest file size possible. I only have 600 gb left. But I am burning through the videos and deletling the non essentials.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Isn't that how it is, qwerty? Take a bunch and then pare it down. But wow, if you have that much left grabbing small files you must have tons! Good for you. Better to have JAV and not want it then to want JAV and not have it. That's what I should be doing. Think I will. :joker:

EDIT: Do you keep the whole file (DVD) or do you edit out wanted scenes only?

I have a 2 tb drive. I only dl the smallest file size possible. I only have 600 gb left. But I am burning through the videos and deletling the non essentials.

walpola

Jan 22, 2013
I REALLY like when I'm lucky enough to find a post that has scenes separated. That way I can tell by looking at the screenshots which scenes would interest me. Better to download 200MB instead of 1.2GB for one scene, am I right?

I sometimes wish that was a standard.

Do yourself a favor if you haven't tried this! Grab one of your smallest sized scenes or make a small clip (just so you can quickly see what I mean) and give it the 60fps treatment. You won't regret it. Just if you think about it. I just like spreading the word on how awesome things can look.

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1284957

Yes, that is nice when the scenes are separated, not that I would ever be so bold as to expect that of course!

I am intrigued by your conversion suggestion; I had a look at the guide and downloaded the two sample (before and after) clips and I could definitely see a difference. The process looks very complicated though and I'm not sure the difference is worth it. However your enthusiasm is pretty infectious so when I have a bit of time on my hands I might give it a whirl.

Aug 25, 2010
I recommend just buying more drives if yours fills up. Wait until Black Friday though if you can. I got at 3TB one for $120. Another option is just buying dvd's to put them on. It will only run you $20-$25 for a 100 pack and you can fit 500GB total with 100.

qwerty07

Mar 3, 2010
Isn't that how it is, qwerty? Take a bunch and then pare it down. But wow, if you have that much left grabbing small files you must have tons! Good for you. Better to have JAV and not want it then to want JAV and not have it. That's what I should be doing. Think I will. :joker:

EDIT: Do you keep the whole file (DVD) or do you edit out wanted scenes only?

Well to me if there's only 1 scene that I like in that movie, I just delete it. I only keep the movies that I see myself coming back to.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Let me know how it goes or if you need any help. Really, once you get the tools (and everything is pretty much provided in his tutorial) it's just a one time setup and then you can select any video after that. Pretty cool.

YES I would love if separate scenes was the norm.

Yes, that is nice when the scenes are separated, not that I would ever be so bold as to expect that of course!

I am intrigued by your conversion suggestion; I had a look at the guide and downloaded the two sample (before and after) clips and I could definitely see a difference. The process looks very complicated though and I'm not sure the difference is worth it. However your enthusiasm is pretty infectious so when I have a bit of time on my hands I might give it a whirl.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I tried archiving to DVD but I think I bought a spindle of low-grade lemons last time and gave up. I should try again.

I recommend just buying more drives if yours fills up. Wait until Black Friday though if you can. I got at 3TB one for $120. Another option is just buying dvd's to put them on. It will only run you $20-$25 for a 100 pack and you can fit 500GB total with 100.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
That's definitely one way to do it. :joker:

Well to me if there's only 1 scene that I like in that movie, I just delete it. I only keep the movies that I see myself coming back to.