JAV Blogs Lifespan?

ArgentGrace

Mar 31, 2010
Hello all,

It just hits me. When I search for a title, and multiple JAV blogs come up, most of them are 'dead' as in the latest posts was 2015, or 2014, or even 2013...

Does anyone have any experience as in the reason why some blogs stop?
Is it because it's hard to maintain a JAV blog? time? $$? Not worth it? Or the government crack down on them?

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Reactions: shawn720s

ArgentGrace

Mar 31, 2010
Ok, then my follow-up question would be, is it illegal to have a blog about Japanese adult videos with no downloadable links?
and if it does have downloadable links, does that make it illegal?
Just trying to educate myself in the 'laws'.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
It depends on who you ask.

If you're seriously just wanting to make an actual blog about the industry and AV in general, I don't think you'll get in trouble with posting cover art and screenshots. The one thing I see nothing of are blogs that review AV. That'd be a cool idea to do: review AV titles and link to R18.com using your affiliate links. If you're a good writer, you can definitely build up a dedicated user base as R18 lacks reviews leaving potential buyers making risky decisions.

Now, most 'blogs' do not 'host' the movies, but only link to file lockers. In some jurisdictions, it's fine and others it's not. I believe there was a recent ruling in the EU that linking to illegal links (ie, download links, torrent links for copyrighted work) is an illegal practice if the person linking is doing it for profit and these blogs are there to give the owners some extra change (assuming the file lockers actually pay out).

Mind you (and I'm bracing from the collective groan of many forum members here...), these illegal blogs are numerous and hurt the AV industry dearly. There's many better things you can do in your life rather than starting one.