Japanese Proxy Anyone?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009
I'm looking for a reliable Japanese proxy with bandwidth. I've tested access to Imouto.tv from Tor, Hotspot shield to get the "forbidden" page, and from "free" proxies, to be told my proxy is refusing connections.
I am connecting from the US.
Thank you.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Why the eff didn't you pm me?!? Can you use more than one proxy? There are plenty of public proxies open but it takes a little work to find one. They might also accept proxies from Taiwan though.

Try Samair.ru/ or hidemyass.com/proxy-list/ not as secure as Tor of course but you should be able to find what you are looking for with a little work on your part. Check the proxies at www.stilllistener.com/checkpoint1 to make sure they are anon.

SecretPal

Beyond Redemption
Apr 2, 2009
Thanks. I get limited luck with public proxies. When I get through it's Sooooo SLooooow to be absurd. I guess I'm looking for a tunnel based in Japan. I want to hear from someone with good experience with one before I hand over my credit card info to some third world weasel.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thanks. I get limited luck with public proxies. When I get through it's Sooooo SLooooow to be absurd. I guess I'm looking for a tunnel based in Japan. I want to hear from someone with good experience with one before I hand over my credit card info to some third world weasel.

Public proxies can be like that but that is the chance you take. It is even trickier when you create a proxy chain, (about the only thing I used to enjoy about IE was the ease this was done), though that is much more secure. Most proxies can handle https, some cannot (if that was what you meant by tunneling), the proxycheck link I gave you has a test for that, (test2). As far as using your credit card on the net it is always a good idea to have a credit card especially for that purpose with a low limit ($500 or less). Even if you do a lot of purchasing on the internet it is always good to have a card for cases where security may be in doubt but you wish to take the risk anyway.

Not to rant on, (occasionally I do), but Tor itself has exit nodes in Japan but it can be a bit of work configuring Tor to use just them. But Tor exit nodes offer no more real security than an https proxy and maybe a little less. A public proxies strength lies in its' rate of traffic. A slow proxy is flooded with requests and picking out yours would be very difficult indeed, (public proxies tend to fluctate in speed depending on the time of day to reflect their usage). From a security standpoint as long as it allows the https protocol that should be all you need.