1. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Japanese convert to Islam?

Discussion in 'Japan Discussion' started by Muz1234, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Muz1234

Muz1234 Active Member

Recently, a YouTuber call kanadajin converted Islam. What do you think about that?

2. desioner

desioner Sustaining L.I.F.E. Staff Member Super Moderator

I think less of that than I do about you. I recommend you get out more. Meet people, strike up conversations. Learn about them and enjoy living…
    You seem to be very confused about people & more generally speaking about the world.
    Just to be clear,
    1. She is not Japanese
    2. She is Canadian
    3. She wasn't always Muslim
    4. She can stop being one at any time
    5. This "reversion" happened last year…
    Your steps in logic are quite flawed… perhaps just being sensational?!
    Here is the answer to your question.

A crazy young lady has ZERO influence on a county in any case let alone one like this.
    I assume that because you are Muslim this interests you but rest assured there will most likely never be a state religion again in Japan and heaven forbid the Japanese convert to Islam!?

mp413 and LoliKing25 like this.
  3. Muz1234

Muz1234 Active Member

I assume majority of Japanese are atheist or Buddhist. Why is there never a state religion?

4. ether202

ether202 loli enthusiast

Why do you assume things? There's a great wealth of information at your fingertips. Of citizens who claimed a faith, 51 percent were Shinto, 44 percent were Buddhist and 1 percent was Christian. Those are people who claimed a faith though, there a much greater amount of "casual" Shinto followers, people who still visit shrines and participate in some religious ceremonies or hold Shinto beliefs who don't claim a religion since Shinto traditions are so deeply ingrained in much of Japanese culture. "as many as 80% of the Japanese population acknowledge belief in Shinto tenets."

There was a state religion, and it was Shinto, except it was a perversion of it run by the government and I'm sure you know from your history books how that turned out. If you need a refresher though: https://www.tofugu.com/japan/state-shinto/

CoolKevin and desioner like this.
  5. LoliKing25

LoliKing25 Active Member

Because a state religion is authoritarian in nature?

CoolKevin and desioner like this.