Japan Gets Its First “Snoozing with Women” Specialty Business

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

prophetomega

Smut Hunter
Apr 17, 2012
Akihabara is ground zero for Japanese manga, anime, and video games. No wonder the place caters to every nerd fantasy imaginable, such as maid cafes for guys (butler cafes for gals) as well as more adult services.

The latest business to make a splash in Japan's nerdom is always patrons to sleep with ladies. That's it, apparently. Just sleep. Um.
Located in Akihabara, it's called Soine-ya; "soine" (添い寝) means "sleeping together", and "ya" (屋) means "shop". The business's concept, however, isn't originally Japanese as website IT Media claims the idea was based on a similar business in New York. It's apparently the first of its kind in Japan.

Soine-ya is not cheap. After shelling out ¥3,000 (US$39) in membership charges, 20 minutes of "together" sleep costs another ¥3,000, while six hours can reach ¥30,000 (US$386). That's not even a full night's rest!

The nickel-and-diming, though, is mind-boggling. For example, customers must pay ¥1,000 ($13) to have the lady resting her hand on their arm for three minutes, while gazing at each other for one minute costs another ¥1,000. If you want to put your head on the lady's lap, it's three minutes for, well, ¥1,000.

Online in Japan, the reaction to Soine-ya has been one largely of bewilderment. Many Japanese net users have no idea why someone would spend all this money on such a service. "Geez, this is creepy," wrote one. "Yep, this shop is targeting stupid nerds," wrote another. Others were quick to say that those interested in Soine-ya should just visit an adult entertainment establishment, instead.

original.png

This place of business is zeroing in on emotional needs, instead of merely carnal ones. Maid cafes work in much the same way, allowing otaku the chance to chat up girls in frilly maid outfits—which is why they have often been compared to hostess bars for geeks.

Sleeping in the otaku subculture already has its own bedtime companions, those anime covered dakimakura (hug pillows). Soine-ya seems to be for those who are tired of their pillows—or just being alone. Soine-ya is selling companionship, but just not during every waking minute.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kFfX-36zSw&feature=player_embedded

Source: http://kotaku.com/5947212/japan-gets-its-first-snoozing-with-women-specialty-business

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I suppose if they can make money that way then why not. If prostitution was legal in Japan I doubt they would even bother with that nonsense.

Apr 11, 2007
I would actually consider using such a service once in a while. But not for those prices.

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
you also have this issue. not sure how hard it is to make fake ids. or if other person looks like there old enough but there still underage. it going to lead huge mess where people are going to fake there age. or lead people of younger age who around age 15 to 18 trying to make quick buck off older person when they should not. since its not have love make they are just hanging out for awhile. also how do stop some from going to far since just cuddling in then bed and not foundling

heartles2

May 25, 2009
Well if there is a consumer willing to pay, and women willing to work, then their business is as legit as any other entrepreneur. I hope the girls are as cute as they are in the advertisements... lol :exhausted:

z1p2h3ll

Nov 17, 2010
I remember a typical commercial like that:
For a membership of a pillow party : US$39
For a minute of her attention : US$13
For an ideal lifetime nerd to have a sleeping friend in pajama : Priceless
:perfectplan:

TravelingWind

That Bastard
Jun 27, 2012
I'd rather pay that amount to get blown

seriously just legalize prostitution already

IT'S WORLD'S OLDEST PROFESSION FOR A REASON! :victim:

Ashyne

Jun 9, 2009
Soine-ya is not cheap. After shelling out ¥3,000 (US$39) in membership charges, 20 minutes of "together" sleep costs another ¥3,000, while six hours can reach ¥30,000 (US$386). That's not even a full night's rest

LOL. Why pay for sleeping for 6 hours at US$386 when with that price, you can pay for 8 prostitutes with a 1-hour session each?

chrisfallout

Jul 8, 2008
LOL. Why pay for sleeping for 6 hours at US$386 when with that price, you can pay for 8 prostitutes with a 1-hour session each?

or hit bunny ranch brothel and have safe sex with lady. since you will not have to worry about catching anything since there test each week and time come and go. so to me i rather hit brothel in Nevada then pay that price