Is rapidshare OK or a ripoff?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

edd666666

Jan 5, 2009
Hi, does anyone have an opinion about using signing up for rapidshare on a paid basis? Is it OK or a ripoff? Thanks, Ed.

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
I have a premium account and I am very happy with it.

I paid for 1 year which is real value for money.

loplopsama

Has a Anime MILF Fetish
Nov 23, 2008
I'm very happy with it myself. I have had it for a couple of years and find it handy for several different reasons. The best thing I would say is almost no downtime at all since I've started using it.

Ippo76

Jan 9, 2009
I think this depends on how much and how fast you want to download.
If you just happend to download one or two movies a week, a download per freeaccount should be okay. If you want to download more than 10 movies etc. per day and use the full capacity of your internet connection the premium account is a good choice although you should be aware that your are willing to pay for warez!

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
Rapidshare Premium account = best buy in entertainment. Rapidshare premium account > beer.
It's important to have a fast connection and tons of harddrive space. WD 1Tb external HD < $150 USD.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I won a one month premium membership to rapidshare and I would have to say it is worth it because you can have multiple downloads from rapidshare and not have to wait 14 minutes between each downloads. As for speed I was a little disappointed, It got around 150-200 plusKB a second, while downloading from megaupload for free I got around 400-500 plus KB a second, while 2shared.com for free got over 900 plus KB a second.

Skyraida

Is Eating Your Internets
Mar 27, 2008
Rapidshare currently is not as great as it was. They've limited premium accounts to 12gb, and you receive around 2.6gb a day. If you download around 2.6gb a day and approximately 80gb a month then yeah this pretty good, but for me who downloads much more than that it kinda pisses me off. Wish they'd have more of a megaupload plan where it doesn't have a gb download limit. Overall speed is good too, i usually range 400-600kb/s with DSL connection.

qmac10

Apr 17, 2008
rapidshare is excellent....I have a one year subscription...its really fast

you can convert RapidPoints to Downloadtraffic ...I have downloaded well over 5Gb a day

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
Their bandwidth limit sucks. That's why I resorted to torrents, yet again. That 80 GB DL bandwidth a month just won't do. You'd have to buy "TrafficShare" to increase your bandwidth. RS is really messed up right now, IMO.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
Have to agree with Skyraida and retract what I said. Rapidshare was great; just months ago you could DL crazy amounts, something like 5gb a day or up to 25gb in three days. Right now it's been choked down to 2.6gb a day which is not nearly enough. I keep bumping into the limit. I see a couple of the kings of uploading are currently using Megaload. Ima hafta get a ML account.
(WD 1tb external hd now 100usd.)