Invalid Redirect URL (http://akiba-online.com/)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
You have javascript turned off, no question about it. I get the same thing everytime I login unless I already have Akiba-Online allowed in No-Script. You can make an exception in No-Script, if you wish, for Akiba-Online.

ezepietro

(。◕‿◕。)
Sep 7, 2008
there is something that someone tell me about javascript
"it requires Javascript or it won't display anything. Without JS all it seems do is record your IP. I won't run sites like that, sorry."
what java does?, did the old site require it as well?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I surf here without Javascript consistently except when I am uploading, when javascript is now required. I have basically no problems other than that, so who ever told you that nothing will be displayed is in error. The only prolem I have here is why Akiba-Online now uses google-analytics which I never enable script for because it is basically marketing spyware:

"Google Analytics can track visitors from all referrers, including search engines and social networks, direct visits and referring sites."

source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Analytics

But since I don't enable javascript for it really poses no problem and my surfing habits remain my own business. The old site did not use google-analytics to the best of my knowledge nor did I have any problem surfing the old site without javascript enabled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person

mohawk64

Apr 7, 2007
Well I never turned off or on anything that I know of JS wise. Site works just have to click on forum top of the page. B4 there was a list of items and forum on left side of page. Tracking google I'm not keen on though. They might as well place google-analytics on my toilet seat and track what goes on in there. They seem to want to track everything good,bad or evil nowdays anyways

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well, I don't enjoy being wrong but it fucking happens.

It could be a cookie thing. Try logging off and then on again and see if your start screen is different.