I have an idea that is not an item,utility,software or something of the sort and ....

excel

Jul 26, 2008
I have an idea that is not an item,utility,software or something of the sort and i want to sell it.Its a structure for conducting bussines.Actually telling the target company what to do(in the US).

any thoughts?
:trance:

Kipi

⅓ ⅔ ⅛
Nov 22, 2007
Yea, forget about it.

There are already business consultants, financial planners, etc for structuring/organizing/conducting a business. Big companies will always go with someone with experience, someone with a solid track record of making a company more successful. Small companies will be unwilling to listen because they don't like someone telling them how to run their business. You might be able to convince a rapidly growing small business to listen to you, but it's unlikely.

Some other things to consider...

- What is there to stop a company from just taking your idea and using it as their own? You have no experience, so they'll want to know your idea upfront. You can't just tell people/businesses what to do. They have CEO/CCO/CFO's who do that kind of thing (assuming it's a public company).

- Do you have the time and capital to fly anywhere in the US to meet perspective business owners? You'll have to goto them and convince them to 'buy your product'.

- Do you have the knowledge to give business advice? If you don't know the difference between a LLC, incorporated (or a corporated), and a trusted partnership and the pros/cons of each then I'd say no.

I'm not trying to crush your idea, but it's just reality.

N

nothere000447544

I have to agree with Kipi.

But why not try to build your own company, based on that structure (not selling the structure, but something else), and see if it actually works in the first place?

If it succeeds, you may choose to sell your know-how as courses or workshops. But it is not possible to jump straight to being a consultant without any proven, tried-and-tested experience.

Start with making a business plan.

If nobody wants to invest, you have to reconsider the whole thing.

/Spartacus

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
I agree with kipi too.
Although there is aseeming American misconception of the part of CEO, CCO, CFO.
A company does not have to go public to assign titles to its various directors posts.
It is simply a manner of organizing their tasks and duties to the primary management team.
Take my word for it, I do the above every day and its not easy to get clients to listen.

You'd be surprised how many business owners dont have the most rudimentary understanding of basic arithmetic and cant even understand when you tell them if they work 4 hours less, they have to pay less salaries.