how much is too much masturbation

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

fareastm3

Jan 22, 2010
something i've been wondering for a while. many people talk about the adverse effects of excessive masturbation. what is excessive? like 10 times a week? 3 times a day? is this even proven?

I assume this also includes actual sex as I don't think there's any distinguishable differences when it comes to health issues.

i would say, including intercourse, i probably will ejaculate about 10 times a week. obviously we all fear that excessive ejaculation will cause erectile dysfunction.

bijipeler

Jun 20, 2009
i think its depending on your age, environment. because I think sperm reproduction is not constant.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
i think its depending on your age, environment. because I think sperm reproduction is not constant.

If you have problems with your sperm reproduction rate try changing your diet,(there is loads of info on the net on this), and exercise, that should help pick it up some.

As far as jacking off feel free to jack off as much as you want, no harm done. Unless of course you start to find it physically painful, in which case you are probably trying to hard. Seriously, if you are horny and there is no better option, just go for it.

Jul 1, 2009
If your dick hurts when you jack off, you are doing it too much. If it doesn't hurt, it's fine. Having an orgasm is good exercise. :bingo:

Unless you are trying to get someone pregnant, I don't see why your sperm count is important... and your question is obviously the question of someone who isn't getting laid, so having a kid isn't an issue. :secret:

I went to a Catholic high school, and I do remember some priest coming up with an arbitrary number like once a week in an 8th sex ed class. :ban: Not useful advice.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
An active prostate is a happy prostate!

maddog1234

Dec 30, 2009
Masturbation does NOT cause blindness or hairy palms or any of the other "maladies" that people have tried to use as scare tactics to keep us from doing it. There are 3 things I can think of that "too much" masturbation might cause--smaller/no ejaculation, blisters/sores on the penis (or hands), and a less than active social life (caused by spending too much time alone masturbating).

How much is "too much" anyway? It varies for different people and ages. When I was in my teens I went crazy if I did not ejaculate 2-3 times per day (minimum) but, in my 40's I sometimes go 2 or 3 DAYS without it.

No long-term physical harm will come from "too much" masturbation, but refrain for a few days if blisters or sores develop as this is a sign that you are overdoing it.

woowoo72

Jan 23, 2010
When I'm involved, sex three times a day gets me satisfied. When I'm overworked, I can't be bothered to spank my own monkey, let alone screw a girl.

My first wife married me in part because, as she admitted, I could do her five times in a (long, with breaks) night. Can't pull off five times anymore, too old - the penis may be willing but the body just doesn't see the return on investment to be worth it! Sex is, well, it's not everything.

In general though, lots of orgasms, whether through sex or masturbation, is pretty healthy, good for the prostate, and makes for less stress in your life :)

NamiXxX

Namilover
May 2, 2010
I heard some guys did about 15 times !!!
That was impossible to believe but thats really sick!...
For me more than 3 times is already too much masturbating

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I don't think it's too much until it starts to cause you some kind of physical harm. Other than that, I've never heard of it not being healthy to masturbate.

Sometimes I do it a few times a day, and then I don't do it again till a few days later. It just depends on how busy I am that week.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
The one and only detrimental effect masturbation or excessive sexual activity can have is that your sperm count actually is reduced if you ejaculate to often.

Sperms take about 2-3 days to rebuild and "mobilize" if you will.

The only time this has any value to take in consideration is, as someone before me said, if you try to have a baby.

In all other ways, there is no such thing as to much, unless you develop scaring or blisters.

The one thing to be very cautious about is the following.

You desensitize your organ by overuse.
Much like, if you walk barefoot a lot you feel the gravel under your feet less than if you normally always walk with shoes.

In the same way, a circumsized organ is less sensitive than a non circumsized one.

Banjuu

Feb 28, 2007
Too much masturbation, with ejaculation will drain your body of important nutrients it needs to stay balanced. It's been said that two to three times a week is okay, but depending on how many years (times as well) you've done or have been doing it, it might be better to only do it once a week or once every two for a while.

Side effects of over masturbation, especially when you get older (near your thirties), can lead to thinning hair, insomnia, sore eyes, weak erections (rubber-like), watery semen. Even faster ejaculations, clear fluid leakage with little arousal (larger amounts). Random heart palpitations, random armpit leakage, mood swings (being upset for no reason or feeling down), eye floaters, lower back pains out of nowhere. Fatigue, groin pains. It's different from person to person, and in some case worse from person to person.

About your prostate, that can cause it to over work itself trying to produce more and more semen which may lead to PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen) conditions which if too high, can cause prostate cancer. You also lose 3 mg of zinc from ejaculation. Your testicles produce some testosterone too, and testosterone is what gets converted into DHT and that is what bonds with your hair follicles, especially at the top of your head causing the hair loss.

techie

SuupaOtaku
Jul 24, 2008
Your testicles produce some testosterone too, and testosterone is what gets converted into DHT and that is what bonds with your hair follicles, especially at the top of your head causing the hair loss.

Actually though your arguments sound solid, I have my doubts...
For example it has already been medicinally proven that balding men often have a higher testosterone level already to start with.

Working up a sweat over masturbation is hardly going to cause any significant increase in those.

As you mentioned, you lose 3 mg of zinc, ok, but 90% is proteins, plain and simple amino acids, approx. 2-3% is urine and the rest standard minerals.

Have some broccoli, a good steak or tuna and a glass of milk and you're good to go for another round. Eat a carrot to that and you get rid of the antioxidants as well, and the DHT levels, well no pain no gain :pandalaugh:

Heart palpitations are hardly caused by masturbation but rather a result of reaching an aroused state.
You get the same thing from running to the bus for 2 minutes, and actually burn a lot less calories having sex than if you where to walk up three flights of stairs really fast. Neither is good for people with heart conditions and if you notice heart palpitations, they can in fact come from upset stomach or ulcers as well. See the term stress-heart which is a psychosomatic illness as well and not a physical ailment.

On the issue of mood swings, and other psychological factors, you seem to disregard the fact that increased activity leads to desensitizing, also mentally.

It becomes more difficult to get satisfied with the same-old thing, which is quite human in fact, and you tend to increase your tolerance both physically and mentally. Thus you "crave more" than the "same old" and your mood is adjusted accordingly when it becomes more difficult to reach satisfaction.

That is not "caused" by masturbation, but by your mental approach to the attention to the result. After all "contentment" is rarely considered as valid choice of word to be appearing in the same sentence as the word "satisfaction".

besides all this, and most importantly...
People tend to worry about death so much they forget to actually live!

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
testosterone is what gets converted into DHT
....and helps you download torrents faster!

Banjuu

Feb 28, 2007
Actually though your arguments sound solid, I have my doubts...
For example it has already been medicinally proven that balding men often have a higher testosterone level already to start with.

Working up a sweat over masturbation is hardly going to cause any significant increase in those.

As you mentioned, you lose 3 mg of zinc, ok, but 90% is proteins, plain and simple amino acids, approx. 2-3% is urine and the rest standard minerals.

Have some broccoli, a good steak or tuna and a glass of milk and you're good to go for another round. Eat a carrot to that and you get rid of the antioxidants as well, and the DHT levels, well no pain no gain :pandalaugh:

Heart palpitations are hardly caused by masturbation but rather a result of reaching an aroused state.
You get the same thing from running to the bus for 2 minutes, and actually burn a lot less calories having sex than if you where to walk up three flights of stairs really fast. Neither is good for people with heart conditions and if you notice heart palpitations, they can in fact come from upset stomach or ulcers as well. See the term stress-heart which is a psychosomatic illness as well and not a physical ailment.

On the issue of mood swings, and other psychological factors, you seem to disregard the fact that increased activity leads to desensitizing, also mentally.

It becomes more difficult to get satisfied with the same-old thing, which is quite human in fact, and you tend to increase your tolerance both physically and mentally. Thus you "crave more" than the "same old" and your mood is adjusted accordingly when it becomes more difficult to reach satisfaction.

That is not "caused" by masturbation, but by your mental approach to the attention to the result. After all "contentment" is rarely considered as valid choice of word to be appearing in the same sentence as the word "satisfaction".

besides all this, and most importantly...
People tend to worry about death so much they forget to actually live!

I know that a lot of things can come from heredity and stress, too. This just accelerates things because you're giving your body too much of it.

Over masturbation, what it does is it changes your hormonal functioning, because your body gets overloaded and can't adapt to the new conditions brought on by too much of that enzyme, and there's no real way around it besides letting your body replenish itself; sometimes even that won't work depending on how long you've been over doing it.

You can eat healthy, and practice a healthy lifestyle sure, but over doing anything is bad for you.

I know that the feeling of ejaculating is so great and out of this world that a lot of people might be discouraged at finding out what the side-effects of ejaculating too much could cause.

....and helps you download torrents faster!

For torrents DHT is Distributed Hash Table.
Dihydrotestosterone is the DHT for men and it is part of what makes men have their sexual characteristics.

So even if you have no history of hair loss it promotes it and can make new problem arise.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Two ways of telling when it's too much:

1: It falls off.:coldsweat::eek:mg::dies:

2: You tell your "in the mood " significant other, not tonight I've something I need to do. :shake::wetland::angrygirl:

And remember if you don't preform sex in the correct manner the woman will steal your Jing. :pandalaugh:

Banjuu

Feb 28, 2007
You could very well be right, but then again I would rather die balding with a smile on my lips than worry about chemical compounds.

Life tends to end one way no matter what you do, so you might as well do it smiling :harp:

But wouldn't you want to try and be as healthy as you could be while you're alive?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
If only cigarettes improved your health...