How Can I Stop the Redirects from Spicyzilla?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

logan3

Oct 2, 2011

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I use a version of the Mozilla Firefox browser with the add-on No Script and I highly suggest it. In the options tab you can block redirects which are generally javascript based. I had no problem viewing the image link you posted. You can play with the settings to get the exact results you want or pretty close to it.

Reactions: 2 people

jjjjeczalik

Where are you, Miho =(
Mar 9, 2009
Of course, we could also ban the hotlinking of images from/to horrible image hosts. That would solve the problem of so many posts having broken images.

Reactions: 3 people

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
A lot of posters here post at many websites, including their own, besides this one. Being that you need to be a member to see attachments here, that would logically mean that to decrease their personal workload they need a neutral imagehost. Aquamarine, for example, uses his own site to host the pictures he shares with the forum in the cultural "Photos From Japan" thread ( A thread I highly reccomend to ayone visiting this site). Many imagehosts have been banned already (See Here) and if a poster uses a particulary questionable imagehost a member should use the report button and notify the staff here at Akiba-Online so that they may review that site to see if it should be added to the list.

It would chase away valuable posters to ban all "foreign" imagehosts and make Akiba-Online a less enticing place to visit. As so often in life, we must accept some negative results to achieve the most positive ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

hiatus

Aug 30, 2008
recently, but unfortunately I didn't note the poster or image host, trying to open some images produced an unstoppable flood of twenty or more pages of junk of one kind or another - that is the kind of image host that needs banning: that and the morally indefensible on-line gambling, of course!
the No Script add-on certainly stops a lot at the cost of minor inconvenience, but the real solution is to stop the bad hosts.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
trying to open some images produced an unstoppable flood of twenty or more pages of junk of one kind or another

Wow, I remember that shit. I used to get stuff like that twenty years ago or so, back when I surfed the dark alleyways of the net. Makes you feel helpless and crashed my computer more than once. Probably a good idea to scan your computer for viruses that may have infiltrated through your browser. I used to use spybot a lot but it is a bit dated and it hasn't picked up anything in a long time. It does though patch up some holes in some browsers and the intial scan is worth the trouble of downloading it. It is freeware. Of course I use an ancient version and haven't tried out the new one.

http://www.safer-networking.org/