How 2 start torrent download?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

moorglade

Sunset-Sky
Nov 1, 2007
I use my opera browser to handle torrent downloads,worked fine with deadfrog but when I click on other file torrents from akiba nothing happens other than getting the torrent file. PS the picture of file is not visible just the link.Any help please...:hope:

hhp4

Apr 16, 2007
You need a torrent programm like uTorrent.
After download the *.torrent file uplode the *.torrent file
to uTorrent. Than uTorrent starts downloading the file.

FoxKnightZero

Feb 23, 2007
Oh also do not preview it until it is done and that means 100% aka finished or you will get an error and have nothing.

tekering

Mar 11, 2007
Azureus is another highly recommended BitTorrent client, particularly if you're on a Mac... and yes, patience is a virtue with .torrents!

moorglade

Sunset-Sky
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks, for your help.I'm trying Azureus and using the RC4 encrypted transport. May take up to 12 hours at this point. Any suggestions for Azureus settings?(ISP is Cable)

japonaliya

Banned
Apr 1, 2007
I use Bit Tornado.
It has nice features, such as choose your dl speed, and pause dl. I t also has advanced options, but is really user friendly and simple.
Just dl the free software, and when installed, just dl the torrent file to a folder or desktop, open Bit Tornado, browse for the folder or torrent file where you downloaded it to, and click to start dl (you must also tell Bit tornado where to put the dl file(s)
I usually do it all on the desktop, so I can see, and access easily. Then I trash the torrent file and move my download to the place i want to keep the file om my computer.

Egghead

Sep 27, 2007
Hi all-
Sorry to jump in and hijack this thread!
I'm on a Mac and use Transmission. I've only just been able to make the step to Broadband and so have a few questions about the Torrents here.
I've downloaded the little .torrent files into Transmission and it seems to start downloadeding something. But the bit that says how long the download will take is saying up to 5 days!
Whereas other users have made files available (via Rapidshare etc) in little bits that can be joined togther for viewing, and Have have succesfully downloaded several full-length DVD's in less than half and hour.
So I guess my question is - what is the advantage of torrents? They seem more complicated and much slower. Am I missing something??

hhp4

Apr 16, 2007
When you start a torrent it take some time until all seeders and peers are found. After a short time the torrent normaly goes faster.
When you start a torrent that was here upload a few houres ago, you find in about 12h a lot of seeders for this torrent. Than the download is very fast. If there are only a few seeders, (for older torrents) it takes longer.

The advantage of new torrent are - you need no cost-premium acess and it's fast. At rapidshare or other sides you must sign in at each side, or the download is not so fast.