Hiding IP Address Softwares

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

RedBlueBlur

Nov 5, 2011
I am looking for softwares that can hide my IP adress.

I am currently using hotspot shield, and was wondering if there is any other software that users can recommend that is better that the current one that I have.

Thanks in advance.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Change your VPN. Not because I know it is a bad VPN but beccause I don't know it isn't.

http://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-providers-really-take-anonymity-seriously-111007/

You could try emailing torrentfreak for some confirmation. Also VPNs' leak info. On Windows clients, it is recommended to disable IPv6, File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks and Client for Microsoft Networks because these features may disclose information.

Tor is also an option here. In addition I would invest in a cheap router which also acts as a hardware firewall. If you are really serious you might consider adding a software firewall as well, I would suggest Comodo but feel free to choose your own. You may have to take a little time and effort to configure your router and software firewall to your personal needs, such as bittorrent use and/or a VPN, but you are either serious about your anonymity and security or you are not. There is plenty of information out there to answer your questions and refine your settings. It really is up to you whether you wish to go the extra mile.

Gzed

Mar 10, 2012
I am looking for softwares that can hide my IP adress.

I am currently using hotspot shield, and was wondering if there is any other software that users can recommend that is better that the current one that I have.

Thanks in advance.

You have a vpn already although I had a read of its privacy statement and was not impressed. A VPN is probably the best you can do for privacy issues,better to get one that does not keep logs.

This one cost about $40.00 a year and is pretty fast

https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/