Have you heard this anime:Claymore?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Yes. I have the manga and and the blue-ray set. The manga ended and the last couple of English translated issues are yet to come out, but they are online. It was real good in the beginning but the end kind of slowed down towards the end. The anime was OK, the end diverged from the manga (which made some not too happy with it) but as the manga was on going, it was either that or leave the end hanging.

At first I kind of got into the manga by Clair since it was mostly her story, but later on Helen became my favorite Claymore. Raki was definitely my lest favorite character.

NatsuMeZero

Apr 25, 2015
Yes. I have the manga and and the blue-ray set. The manga ended and the last couple of English translated issues are yet to come out, but they are online. It was real good in the beginning but the end kind of slowed down towards the end. The anime was OK, the end diverged from the manga (which made some not too happy with it) but as the manga was on going, it was either that or leave the end hanging.

At first I kind of got into the manga by Clair since it was mostly her story, but later on Helen became my favorite Claymore. Raki was definitely my lest favorite character.
Yeah~I watched Claymore at primary Grade 6.At that time I watched only the TV.Then when I entered high school,I began to read the manga online until now.The end of TV is a pity,but the end of manga is careful and moved. I like Galatea most because she is so wise and merciful~>_<

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Didn't notice this thread. I not only watched Claymore I posted a dual-audio torrent in the anime torrent section (not my rip). I don't know if that torrent is still any good though, but I want towatch the series again myself . Great action and I rather liked the story. Loved all the characters too. The anime was based on only the first 11 volumes (according to the wiki).

Anime can only parody most light novels and manga though, so it is tough to compare them. It is true that many anime is derived from a source such as manga, light novel or visual novel but I have found that the reverse is also true. Nonetheless, anime uses visual techniques differently, adds audio , and is limited more by time constraints. It is a completely different artform so even if the story stays true to its' inspiration as much as possible (which it should) it can never replace the original. There will, indeed, always be needless comparisons but I think each should be judged on their own merits or lack of. I do find this hard myself at times when, for example, a movie massacres the story it is supposably derived from. One expects (and rightly so) a medium to do honor to its' original source material. Yet how much it succeeds or fails does not stop an anime or movie from being unique in its' own right and it should have the chance to be judged soley on that endeavor.

needs more loli

Don't underestimate lolis!
Apr 30, 2015
I watched this a long time ago and for some reason it scared the crap out me. Great swordplay though.
I recently recommended this to a friend (he likes fighting anime) and he loved it.

Reactions: Ceewan

MirrormanSLF

Sora Aoi Lover
May 18, 2016
Yes watched and loved it .. except for the last few eps, which weren't so good.

Still re-watching when I can't find anything newer I like the look of, or I just need a hit of Claire goodness.