Happy Easter

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
attachment.php

Happy Easter ! - Frohe Ostern !
Buona Pasqua ! - Feliz Pascua !
Joyeuses Pâques ! - Felices Pascuas !

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]嬉しいイースター ![/FONT]

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
For clean neo-otaku fun may I suggest the hentai games/visualnovels:

Do You Like Horny Bunnies?
picture.php

and

Do You Like Horny Bunnies? 2
picture.php

both available at DLsite and elsewhere, more fun Easter bunnies you will not easily find.

On a more serious note:

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For those of us that believe in the Life, Death and Resurrection it is a holy day.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
The picture is from the ecchi animation Usagi-chan de Cue!! - It's my rabbit and it's Cue! うさぎちゃんで CUE!! by Pink Pineapple / Softgarage...

Both bunnies are one and the same peron, who is able to transform, the blonde identity is a "lover", the brown one is the "fighter"...

I am starting threads like this only when noone else does...

attachment.php

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I'm an atheist, that means every non-religious calendar day is a holiday.

Come to the dark side :evil:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
atheism just is another religion without any higher creature though... (coming from the greek language = without a god)

it´s boring to push everything what happens (good and bad things or events as well) just into the science direction...

Thoughts and feelings still do not obey to scienes yet, at least not all, they are just chaotic...

[totally off topic...]

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Religion is belief in the supernatural, atheism is the lack of belief in the supernatural. Unlike religion, it's not anything you can feel, practice or get good at; if anything it's like having less baggage to carry around. Imagine telling a normal-sized person "Wow! you don't weigh 320 pounds!" If someone doesn't tell you about it, you don't even notice it. That's what atheism is.

Whether or not it's more boring is another question I suppose. I'm capable of the same types of 'oceanic feelings' of awe and splendor that religious folk have, so I'd say it's about the same.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
it´s a kind of definition...

There are religions with many gods, with two gods or have been (sun + moon), with one god only, and with no god. Some ancient religions in South America just see the complete nature around them but have no god...

I´m more into evolution than into religion, believing in god but neither in church nor religion...

If you´ve got children and you are atheist: there are no easter eggs in your family, (there´s no christmas tree and anything else,) although all the children in the neighborhood are searching for chocolate eggs in their gardens at easter your children aren´t allowed to do as well?

Although you are not religious you possibly may be bound to tradition, which may be religious too...

Don´t know where you come from though.

Santa Claus for ex is business only and has absolutely nothing in common with St. Nicolaus of the middle ages, so nothing in common with religion normally.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
If you´ve got children and you are atheist: there are no easter eggs in your family, (there´s no christmas tree and anything else,) although all the children in the neighborhood are searching for chocolate eggs in their gardens at easter your children aren´t allowed to do as well?
Hahaha.. we're not monsters you know. In my family we are all 100% non-believers, yet we hid chocolate eggs around the backyard, had a christmas tree with presents, etc. Anything less would just be cruel to the children...:miserable:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
that are Christian traditions...

it´s rather easy to be a member of a religion, at least of most of them, Atheism is the toughest to be a member of...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
On handymans advice I am not supposed to get too involved in subjects I feel overly passionate about. But I kind of feel that I am partly responsible for taking this thread into the area of religion by making a previous public Christian comment on this thread. Yet Easter is a Christian holiday,(holi-day is derived from the words holy day). I also know there are other Christians who frequent Akiba Online and who might understand and appreciate the sentiments I expressed. So I do not regret my comments.

I do not find being a Christian easy, for me being a good practicing Christian is actually very hard. It is not just about following Christs' teachings but his example on how to live. It is about always trying to be a better person and about being better to others. It is a tenet based on personal sacrifice with the goal of helping this world become a better place for those that live in it. Those are some pretty heavy aspirations and I find myself constantly falling short.

As far as at Atheism goes.... well, I think every Christian understands Atheism a little because every Christian understands doubt when it comes to their own faith. Atheism is a lack of belief in any power greater than ones self. I find this the most simple explanation nor is intended to be inflammatory, just honest. I have no basic problem with Atheism, for in my eyes, freedom of choice is a Christian foundation. People have the power to choose the paths they follow in life, for if God wanted robots, then that is what he would have made instead.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts on that subject here and again, Happy Easter to ALL!!

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Atheism is a lack of belief in any power greater than ones self.
That would make us all egomaniacal sociopaths. Atheists believe in tornadoes, earthquakes, lightning, death, taxes, and all manner of other higher powers. Just not supernatural ones.

seiya1

Level80Cleaver
Feb 28, 2007
The picture is from the ecchi animation Usagi-chan de Cue!! - It's my rabbit and it's Cue! うさぎちゃんで CUE!! by Pink Pineapple / Softgarage...

Both bunnies are one and the same peron, who is able to transform, the blonde identity is a "lover", the brown one is the "fighter"...

I am starting threads like this only when noone else does...

attachment.php

Pink Pineapple kicks ass. They have the best grapics. I have not seen their newer stuff though.
Is this up for ddl?

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
thread abused by spammers - closed

Status
Not open for further replies.