Great idea for JAV subtitle creation and proliferation!

hypemx7

Intriguing JAV Hunter
Mar 6, 2009
I have an idea on how to ease the creation and proliferation of subtitles for JAV!

Can someone find a speech recognition / dictation software that works with Japanese?

I personally have access to a professional English speech recognition / dictation software, and I have
to say, it's great. 90% accuracy, fast response, etc.

I'm hoping there is a well developed Japanese speech recognition / dictation software that I can utilize.

Making a subtitle file is a grueling task consisted of majorly 2 steps.
First you have to listen over and over and write out a translation/transcript of what is being said.
Next, you have to take the translated transcript and coincide it with the time reflecting what is being said.

If the translating can be done automatically, half of the work is done for subtitle creation.

Additionally, if you can't make a viable subtitle file, at the least you can get the general
context of what is being said.

So does anyone know a software that could be a good option for this task?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
It is possible to perform speech-to-text analysis and reconstruct each syllable, but it is extremely difficult to accurately convert those syllable sounds into the kanji necessary to correctly identify separate words (and the grammatical particles in between).

Take the following two sentences and try using them in an online Japanese->English translator.
かんじをつかわずにじどうにほんやくするのはむりだとおもう。
漢字を使わずに自動に翻訳するのは無理だと思う。
The sentences are the exact same, except that the latter uses proper kanji in place of the hiragana "syllables". Without the kanji, pretty much all machine translators fail (while even with the kanji, most don't get the exact meaning correct.)

For instance, with the phrase じどうにほんやく, machine translators don't know if じどう should be 自動 (automatic) or 児童 (infant). Without the proper kanji for ほんやく (翻訳, translate) to separate the particle に in between, some machine translators will mistakenly identify にほんやく as 日本役 (Japan role) instead of に翻訳 (to translate). Thus you can (and often) end up with "infant Japan role" rather than "to translate automatically".

In short, no there is no viable software capable of Japanese speech-to-text for full sentences (although there are plenty of apps for one-word speech-to-text), and running any non-kanji sentences through existing machine translators will only produce unintelligible garbage.