Graphis Index(?)

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
I'm currently working on indexing the major Graphis image series and sets by year and series type using Graphis, a few Chinese websites and torrents. I haven't found a reliable index anywhere I have looked as of yet. I was thinking of creating one.

Does anyone know if one exists and if not could a mod direct me to an appropriate place to post my index once completed?

The goal in my eyes would be to generate a list that can be compared with other people. That way we could get to a master list with corrections (I am not above mistakes and I have missing information as well) based on the Graphis website.

To give an idea of what I'm trying to accomplish it would look something like this:

Graphis Folder
Calendar 20080101 Honoka​
Calendar 20080201 Mihiro​
...​
Feti Style 20080104 Yukari Endo​
Feti Style 20080201 Miho Sonoda​
...​
First Gravure 20080125 Suzuka Ishikawa​
First Gravure 20080229 Takami Hou​
...​
Graphis Gals 20080104 Reika - crystal​
Graphis Gals 20080111 Emi Harukaze - Escalation​
...​
Limited Edition 20080101 Minori Hatsune​
Limited Edition 20080110 Seiko Yamaguchi​
...​
Special Gravure 20080502 Mami Shimomura - Special Nude Gallery​
Special Gravure 20080502 Minori Hatsune - GW Special 2008​
...​
... continue same format for 2009.​
The way I got the dates up above is relatively straightforward. I used Graphis, the Chinese websites and torrents to get as long a list as possible. And then I ran through the names and dates provided on those websites through Graphis to get cover pages. It seems Graphis does not remove cover pages, only the content and landing page to the content. I then used the date listed in the cover page link and if it's Graphis Gals or Special Gravure I include the title listed on the cover page image itself:
model.jpgmodel.jpgmodel.jpgmodel.jpgmodel.jpg

One caveat is that I have not been able to find some cover pages likely because of change in names or spelling of names over time and I don't have a good strategy for scraping Graphis though I'm open to going back and forth with anyone in PMs if they are knowledgeable about finding and scraping website directories.

Anyways hopefully there are other people interested or who may have their own private list they would be willing to share. I saw a torrent on a torrent tracking website where someone had recently posted their list with the content itself up for torrent and I tried to reach out to them but I could not see a way to message them.

Last edited:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
cool, I should highlight it as super cool,
firstly this should be in idol themes, but it can be moved, (that is not hard)
secondly it is a huge undertaking, they go back to pre digital days,

we have some listings on site, and some have volume numbers, I can dig out a lot of posts

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
cool, I should highlight it as super cool,
firstly this should be in idol themes, but it can be moved, (that is not hard)
secondly it is a huge undertaking, they go back to pre digital days,

we have some listings on site, and some have volume numbers, I can dig out a lot of posts

Unfortunately I don't have anything pre-digital. Even before 2004 November is sketchy. I crawled their website and found a notice dated November 2004 talking about a re-launch of some kind which indicates they likely had a server problem or temporary shut down in mid to late 2004.

I have a 2002 year, a 2003 year but I don't trust the date stamps I could find on Graphis and I am missing many dates. I have Maria Takagi's set listed as 2002 01 as an example. Just a place holder like I've seen from indexes on here, torrents and the Chinese websites.

But 2004 things rapidly improve. I am missing cover pages here or there but I think that's likely because my search parameters are too narrow or I am spelling the name wrong as often the name on the image is different from the name you need to use. And it can be tough. For example is it Sora Aoi or Sola Aoi as a basic example? And what date does Graphis list it on their website or is it too old? And when there are multiple girls it gets even more complex. As an example - a special involving Yuria Sendoh & Sena Ayanami is listed by third parties as being dated summer 2008 and then again summer/fall 2009. It's not as simple as searching weblinks for Sora Aoi. Do you search Yuria and Sena (pretty sure this is what you should do) or Yuria Sendoh and Sena Ayanami? There are a lot of factors in how Graphis chooses to label things and sometimes they don't follow a set of rules or pattern.

The hope is someone with better programming knowledge might know how to get those cover pages or they might have subscribed back in 2008-2009 and dated their collection or once I get through indexing everything I will come back and search more heavily for the cover page. Right now I make a note after a couple searches that I could not find the cover page and move on to the next set to save time and build the index. I use one of the dates given by the torrent websites or Chinese websites as a placeholder because while they probably match lets say ~70% of the time to Graphis, they frequently don't match especially the closer you get to mid and early 2000s.

Reactions: CoolKevin

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Much of the early stuff is badly named and in some cases not named, even in the early days of this site much of it has a huge amount of errors and titles/names/dates/covers missing example here, (I can dig out a lot more) much of the early stuff never had covers posted, even some later stuff covers has not been posted, unless Minisan posted them,

Lodestar

Nov 4, 2017
Much of the early stuff is badly named and in some cases not named, even in the early days of this site much of it has a huge amount of errors and titles/names/dates/covers missing example here, (I can dig out a lot more) much of the early stuff never had covers posted, even some later stuff covers has not been posted, unless Minisan posted them,

Yeah I think anything earlier than Nao Oikawa is going to be very hit or miss for example Bunko Kanazawa has a cover page but I think her gallery is still up as we speak. I think the cover pages I am using came way later and were re-done for any sets not pulled like the Bunko Kanazawa one. If I had to guess Sola Aoi, Maria Takagi and others had their Graphis Gals sets pulled before the new covers were introduced.

But later sets that have been pulled you can use the Graphis website and find them. For example here's a 2005 Graphis Gals set of Sumire Aida that is not available anymore on Graphis but here is a live link to their cover page for that set: Graphis Sumire Aida coverpg

I just have trouble finding some here or there. Like the Towa Aino 2005 set (supposedly dated early or mid March). I can't find that cover page. There must be a different spelling of the name I can't quite figure out or maybe the date stamp listed by others is not corrected or it could be they take some down but not all?

Reactions: CoolKevin