Google can't search jrs

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
chompy showed us a way to search this site with google,
but for the last week, it can't get into the jr idols section.
I really think this is a good thing. But if there's a new trick,
I can keep a secret!
ssss

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
The U-15 Torrents section was recently closed to anonymous users, so that means there are no Jr. sections left to be indexed by Google, and no posts will be visible to anon on the front pages. You have to be registered to have access.

rnishimura

Jan 19, 2008
In the last year google has this bad habit of also blocking out anything related to Japanese DVDs unless you do an advanced search and select "Japanese". It's very annoying. Is there any good search engine that's actually IN Japan? What is the most popular search engine in Japan?

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
The U-15 Torrents section was recently closed to anonymous users, so that means there are no Jr. sections left to be indexed by Google, and no posts will be visible to anon on the front pages. You have to be registered to have access.

wonderful! a great step in the right direction.

so this means that we cant use google to search the site, even if we are logged in? in the past i have used site:akiba-online.com (search term) to find things i cant find with the on-site search engine.
(sorry, just tried it with google.com and it worked for me).
does that mean that pages created since it was 'taken off googles radar' will not be accessable? or can google be used as a searching tool, even if the content it is searching for is not already indexed?

i get the feeling that yahoo is very popular in japan but google.co.jp should work just as well.....or use both
i use the japanese google first when looking for JI as i search in japanese first. you are better to match languages with their search engines.

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
softbank (vodafone) also has a tie-up with yahoo. on my phone the internet button has the yahoo Y! on it. pressing it connects me to.......you guessed it. this may be another small reason japanese find it familiar. businesses and schools also often have it set as the default home page. my internet provider also checked with me, in a rudimentary fashion, if yahoo was ok as the default homepage for IE when they installed my line.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
sure enough

There's a hole in the bucket! U-15 torrents are searchable.
but not any downloadable candies.. Like I said, this is not a bad thing,
I've been spoiled with the 'site:akiba-online.com' search for so long,
that looking at the 'no results, try another search, in 30 seconds' will be
two steps back. No worries, Personally, I use yahoo mail and my yahoo page,
daily, and Google search for everything, with an occasional visit to my gmail
account. Maybe they should merge, to make it easier on me, specifically.
( holding breath) 8)
ssssssss

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
scorres said:
There's a hole in the bucket! U-15 torrents are searchable.
That would make sense.

In the physical (sic) layout of the Akiba sub-forums, 'U-15 Torrents' is not actually under 'Jr Idol Club', but is cross-linked, as are all the torrent sub-forums. I imagine it would be a major undertaking to dissect 'Torrent Station' and re-attach each of it's sub-forums to their conceptually correct forums.

Rollyco - Don't know when the move was made to block anons from JIC, but I whole-heartedly support it. Thank you.